[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice Needed - Please Help!

mabucfan

Would you make this trade?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Garrard, K. Smith, S. Smith (Car), & Celek for Schaub, Bush, Marshall, & Gates

• Yes - QB upgrade is worth giving up both Smiths
    • No - You lose too much in WR & QB

With McNabb hurt, I am rotating between Garrard & Sanchez - not the way to win a championship!

With that said, I’ve been sent an offer that I am seriously considering:

• Give - Garrard, K. Smith, S. Smith, & Celek
  • Get - Schaub, Bush, Marshall, & Gates

Is the upside w/ Schaub worth giving up both Smiths? The rest of my team is in my signature.

Please send me your thoughts here!

Thanks.

Edited by mabucfan

which Bush?

With McNabb hurt, I am rotating between Garrard & Sanchez - not the way to win a championship!

With that said, I’ve been sent an offer that I am seriously considering:

• Give - Garrard, K. Smith, S. Smith, & Celek
  • Get - Schaub, Bush, Marshall, & Gates

Is the upside w/ Schaub worth giving up both Smiths? The rest of my team is in my signature.

Please send me your thoughts here!

Thanks.

I'm definitely buying low on Gates, but Celek looks like a fine TE option, so this trade really doesn't make sense. Reggie bush has proved he's no starter (even with pierre hurt), and Moreno has a brutal schedule coming up. You will probably need Kevin Smith.

You WRs look great. Your RBs look good, and McNabb should be back after the bye. Use Garrard and all your studs and you should be fine until then. It's not worth trading away all your talent for a QB you'll wanna bench if McNabb gets back in form, and Gates (although I really do like Gates).

If you can fill that RB void some other way, then maybe work out a deal for Schaub and Gates. Otherwise be glad you drafted some studs to help you till McNabb gets back .

Sorry - it is Reggie Bush.

My concern re: McNabb is - how long will that injury linger? And will Philly have a quick trigger finger to pull him not that Kolb & Vick are there? Additionally, I am worried that the Car passing game looking horrific, and that Steve Smith (old) will not live up to the #2 WR potential I drafted him for.

Lastly, my goal would by to aggressively pursue either Benson and/or McFadden after getting Bush (package him).

Let me know if anyone else has thoughts here.

Thanks!

It's difficult to get good advice in these rooms, so you'll have to settle for me again (I'm extremely bored today).

Thinking about it a little more, those are very valid points about McNabb and S. Smith, especially as Delhomme just seems to be digressing even further. Smith would be great to trade because you've got bench help (so he doesn't need a replacement), but you would be selling him low right now, hurting his value. However, we played Carolina last weekend, and when Delhomme is on, Smith is dangerous, so he could easily rebound.

But you might definitely be right that a QB might serve you very well. I don't think anyone can be certain about McNabb at this point. Kolb has looked surprisingly good. Garcia already knows the offense from his days there. And although I have no faith in Vick this season, but he could obviously steal some snaps too. So maybe a backup plan is right for you.

I wouldn't rely on packaging Bush in another trade, unless you already have verbal interest or a strong reason to believe you could do this without trading away even more talent. It's difficult enough to pull off one good trade, let alone 2 trades that others will know will strengthen your team.

If you could somehow get a better substitute for K. Smith, possibly by dropping Marshall out of the deal for a more legitimate RB, then I'd do it all day. But then your issue becomes getting the other guy to actually accept that deal.

By the way, haven't even commented on your question about Shaub being worth it. I'm buying low on that one too. As long as he can stay healthy, he has all the weapons there, and I really like him as a quaterback. I don't think you can expect too many weeks like that first one where they struggled to find a rhythm.