[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle up please?

Looking to upgrade my starters...

Sanchez and Manningham are solid but locked to my bench most weeks. I'd downgrade at backup QB, but upgrade at starting DEF since TItans have not looked good.

I'd be left with:

PManning (Delhomme)

ADP, Pierre (Moreno, DBrown, Bell)

Jennings, Bowe, SSmith NYG (DMason, AGates, JCarlson)

PHI DEF (Titans)

Kris Brown

Pretty stacked for a 12 team league. Or should I look for more...

Thanks,

-Heroes

Edited by Company of Heroes

I think you can scrap this trade and pick up "D"'s based on match ups. I dropped Chargers for Denver and got 25 pts. and won the game. You could pick up 49'ers and do well with them this week. I have never ever traded a player for a defense! Hope you're not in any of my leagues!

Now it is Sanchez vs. PHI defense straight up

If the guy's got a QB out, then you can do much better for him, but if he just wants Sanchez for his bench, pull the trigger.

The kid is in for some tough games, and PHI defense is consistently making plays and returns. As for the first trade you mentioned, I would never give up a top WR (or any valuable player) for a D. But I don't think Sanchez is that valuable.

It's really a judgement call of whether or not you think Sanchez can keep it up consistently, and if you can pick up another good backup. Then I'd do it for a D you'd be happy to start every week.

I think you can scrap this trade and pick up "D"'s based on match ups. I dropped Chargers for Denver and got 25 pts. and won the game. You could pick up 49'ers and do well with them this week. I have never ever traded a player for a defense! Hope you're not in any of my leagues!

See updated deal in previous post. Now it is Sanchez for PHI defense.

I hear you, but trades are never just about players current value or past production. To make good trades sometimes you have to look forward and take some risks. I agree the first offer was not great. I plan to hold MM for a better deal.

But, defenses are a scoring position just like any other and I am looking to improve my starting positions. While I never draft a defense until very late in a draft, once the draft is over they are a starting position just like the others. If I can upgrade it without giving up too much I go for it.

-Heroes

Just saw that you'd be left with Delhomme. I would certainly see if you can find a better backup before making any such move.

Actually, I'd be without any backup QB at this point. But, I think I can make due for a BYE week filler at QB (Hill is available). In the event Peyton is hurt I have enough pieces to offer in a trade to come out OK.