[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice...any input would be great!

jackets77

I'm being offered Calvin Johnson for Steve Smith (from the giants) in my league. It's a PPR league. I know Steve Smith has been great these last couple of weeks, but I don't know if I can pass up CJ. I'm a little new to FF so any advise would be great...here is the rest of my team:

QB: Ryan, Cutler

RB: MJD, Slaton, Leon Washington, Felix Jones, Beanie Wells

WR: Jennings, Houz, Steve Smith (NYG), Hester, Gage

TE: Gates

DST: Vikings

K: Akers

This guy that offered me this trade has CJ and AJ as his receivers...so it's not like he's hurting on receivers...in fact that's his strongest position on his team.

Any thoughts? I'm really considering pulling the trigger, but the one thing that keeping me from doing so is how great Smith has been the last few weeks and his schedule is a little more favorable than CJ's.

Like I said, any advise would be great!

Thanks!

thanks fellas...yeah if this was before the last few weeks, I would think it was a joke, but smith has been great for me so that's why i was hesitating...I almost want to get greedy and ask for more since he asked for the trade...here's his roster..but dont think i should push it:

QB Eli Manning, NYG QB

RB Ronnie Brown, Mia RB

RB Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB

RB/WR Mike Sims-Walker, Jac WR

WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR

WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR

TE Brent Celek, Phi TE

D/ST Jets D/ST, NYJ D/ST

K Rian Lindell, Buf K

Bench Pierre Thomas, NO RB

Bench Kellen Winslow, TB TE

Bench Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB

Bench Cadillac Williams, TB RB

Bench Byron Leftwich, TB QB

Bench Ted Ginn Jr., Mia WR

DO IT NOW!!!!!

Steve Smith has looked good, but this is Megatron. People seem to be scared with the rookie Stafford throwing to him, but as a UGA grad, I've watched the kid QB alot, and he always loved his huge target in 6-4 A.J. Green.

Clavin Johnson is a stud, by far the best reciever they have, and he's tall, big and physical enough to potentially catch any ball you throw at him (like TO but he can catch). He is part of that Big 4 group of elite wideouts, along with A. Johnson, Randy Moss, and L. Fitzgerald

I would be absolutely salivating at this trade. DO IT NOW!!!

I like the REAL Steve Smith for sure, but Calvin's got too much big play potential - and he’s the only WR on a team that will be down in a majority of their games.

I say you take the deal!

Please eview my post re: a potentially big trade when you have a minute.

Thanks, good luck.

heh yeah.. I just accepted a trade that had my breath taken away.. i had to stare at it for a few minutes until my brain said.. "yeah dude.. it is a good trade"

Given my Roster in my sig.... i have this new trade pending..

Send: Mario Manningham + Tony gonzalez + Ahmad Bradshaw

Receive: Brandon Jacobs + willis mcgahee + Antonio Bryant.

Wow, that does look good. Would have been better if you could land a TE in the deal, but obviously RB was where you were hurting. Good job of picking up Manningham and flipping him into a couple star RBs. Sucks you had to lose Gonz to do it though.

Otherwise, great trades, both of you!

thanks again fellas..I just 'accepted' the trade..didn't want to over think it. Crazy part is, that I picked up Smith after week 1 and dropped Ginn. So if I look at it that way, I flipped Ginn into Megatron :-)

I know I need some RB help maybe...if Slaton continues to struggle, but not sure if I should be making any more deals.....my WR depth is pretty good right now, and i'm thinking to trade maybe Houz or Jennings, with one of my backups for a flex rb...but just not sure who..lol..