[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Debating on dealing Turner

Guido13

Here is my league. We are a 12 team league, highly competitive.

It's also a PPR league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K, 1 Flex.

I have:

Kurt Warner

David Garrard (Bye week this week!)

Michael Turner

Correll Buckhalter

Knowshown Moreno

Darren Sproles

Wes Welker

Chris Henry

Tashard Choice

Ted Ginn

Ben Watson

Heath Miller

Jamal Lewis

Roy Williams

Titans D, John Carney

I have offered Kurt Warner and Michael Turner for Drew Brees, Fred Taylor and DeSean Jackson. Of course it was declined, offering Thomas Jones instead of Taylor, doing a straight up 2 for 2 trade. Debating on what I want to do, since Brees is an obvious upgrade, and Warner just doesn't seem to be himself, neither does Turner. It's a definite downgrade at RB, but I really could use the upgrade at QB.

I made a lousy trade I think now: Buckhalter, Sproles and Henry for Roddy White..... Now, I'm thinking I should have dealt Welker instead of White.....

PPR wise though, not much tops Welker when healthy.

Thoughts? Ideas? Since we are so deep, many of the usual wire pickups are gone. Coffee was actually drafted, for example.

I've main some big trades to improve my team and the only thing left for me.. is to GET BREES. and you have that chance right here.. so easily... I'd take it in a heart beat.. and continue to improve your team from there.. Knowshon is looking pretty good.. and thomas jones is way better upgrade than fred taylor... fred had a good weak.. but maroney is fine and it'll be right back to a NE RBBC.

doooo itttt u'll love brees

You cannot live with those RBs if you trade Turner. Also, I would never trade Welker in a PPR. Stand pat and hope Turner wakes up.

That's part of the issue. I like Warner's schedule, but I really hate dealing Turner.

I think I'm going to offer a 1/2 for Brees. Maybe get rid of Warner, Watson and someone else?

I would love to pick up Brees, and since the other team is 0-3, he wants to make a change. I'm at 1-2, and need to make a move too.

Barber and Jones aren't going to be hurt all year, so Choice won't be a starter.

I've main some big trades to improve my team and the only thing left for me.. is to GET BREES. and you have that chance right here.. so easily... I'd take it in a heart beat.. and continue to improve your team from there.. Knowshon is looking pretty good.. and thomas jones is way better upgrade than fred taylor... fred had a good weak.. but maroney is fine and it'll be right back to a NE RBBC.

doooo itttt u'll love brees

Maroney is banged up....and, well, plain AWFUL....would be shocked if Taylor isn't the lead back going forward...granted, tough match up against the Ravens, but I doubt Maroney suits up...

sigh.. do I really have to go get some facts.. and keep in mind while i completely destroy your point about maroney's health... He's comparing a "Lead back in an RBBC on a team with Brady who throws 50 times a game" to a Thomas Jones who atleast get's 50/50 on a run heavy team.

Mon, Sep 28

Maroney, who left Sunday's game with a thigh injury, said afterward, "I’m fine, I’m good," the Boston Herald reports.

Recommendation: The Herald report indicated it looked like he could have re-entered the game, so we have some circumstantial evidence Maroney is OK. Once the Patriots return to practice, we should get a better idea, but with Fred Taylor running well Sunday, and Kevin Faulk and Sammy Morris also on hand, there was little reason to throw Maroney back in.

New player notes Wed, Sep 30

Maroney (thigh) was not listed on Wednesday's practice participation/injury report, the Boston Globe reports.

Recommendation: It looks like he will be fine for Week 4, but don't be surprised to see Fred Taylor, who ran well (and hard) in Week 3, head the Patriots' RB committee this weekend against a tough Ravens' defense.

New England will ALWAYS have some sort of committee..

Any1 who confidently says that a RB on belichek's team will be consistent in fantasy... just doesn't know what he's talking about.

Edited by michaelman