[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting observation on Jim "Mad Money" Cramer

muck

I do not listen to or watch him more than once or twice a year (usually when travelling) -- primarily because I do not have time to listen/watch everything that seems (on the surface) to be somewhat interesting or amusing. So, with that caveat, I offer the following copy/paste from an industry email:

"In 2000, he offered his 10 "Winners of the New World" businesses. By 2009, all of them are out of business."

I don't follow Jim Cramer either, but this seems like one of those statements that is too good to be true....

http://www.thestreet.com/story/891820/the-...-new-world.html

That lists his winners in the new economy as 724 Solutions (SVNX Quote), Ariba (ARBA Quote), Digital Island (ISLD Quote), Exodus (EXDS Quote), InfoSpace.com (INSP Quote), Inktomi (INKT Quote), Mercury Interactive (MERQ Quote), Sonera (SNRA Quote), VeriSign (VRSN Quote) and Veritas Software (VRTS Quote).

A lot of those companies have taken major hits since 2000 (like all the dot com guys that burst), a few of them have been purchased but are still operated as separate brands (like 724 Solutions), several of them still exist as publicly shared companies (VeriSign, Veritas, Ariba)...so it's definitely unfair to say that "all of them are out of business"

WD