[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Large 4 for 4 deal involving Brees, Jennings, VJax, and others

Here's my team. 6 point passing TDs. Non-PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 TE, 1 DEF.

My Team:

QB: Brees, Orton

RB: Kevin Smith, Bradshaw, Tashard Choice, Glen Coffee, Larry Johnson

WR: Jennings, Colston, Mason, Burleson

TE: Cooley

K: Bironas

DEF: Vikes

His team:

QB: Rivers, Garrard

RB: Sproles, L.T., Ronnie Brown, Portis

WR: VJax, Manningham, Roddy White, Royal

TE: Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen

K: Nedney

DEF: Bengals

His offer -

Brees, Jennings, Mason, and Coffee

FOR

Rivers, V.Jax, Ronnie Brown, Royal

Now I hear people say "never trade Brees" but I'm not a subscriber to any player being "untradable" even if they are the best at their given position. The way I see this trade is that I certainly downgrade from Brees to Rivers - but that's like going from QB1 to QB3.

I think Jennings and V jay jay are a wash, both are so good. Ronnie Brown is a huge upgrade over Coffee, and makes it so I finally have two good RBs.

Mason and Royal or sort of a Wash. I do like Mason better, but I'm pretty solid at WR with Vjax and Colston and Burleson already.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Medal of Honor

if you are happy with the upgrade from coffee to r. brown, i guess i'd say go for it. maybe. i dunno.

before you do this, did you try working out anything with the gore owner? ronnie brown is close to being in an RBBC w/ ricky (if not already is), coffee has some nice matchups lined up...

i don't know if the trade helps you out for the immediate future, only once gore gets back? who knows what else might happen by then...like inevitable jacobs injury, boosting bradshaw's value.

Here's my team. 6 point passing TDs. Non-PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 K, 1 TE, 1 DEF.

My Team:

QB: Brees, Orton

RB: Kevin Smith, Bradshaw, Tashard Choice, Glen Coffee, Larry Johnson

WR: Jennings, Colston, Mason, Burleson

TE: Cooley

K: Bironas

DEF: Vikes

His team:

QB: Rivers, Garrard

RB: Sproles, L.T., Ronnie Brown, Portis

WR: VJax, Manningham, Roddy White, Royal

TE: Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen

K: Nedney

DEF: Bengals

His offer -

Brees, Jennings, Mason, and Coffee

FOR

Rivers, V.Jax, Ronnie Brown, Royal

Now I hear people say "never trade Brees" but I'm not a subscriber to any player being "untradable" even if they are the best at their given position. The way I see this trade is that I certainly downgrade from Brees to Rivers - but that's like going from QB1 to QB3.

I think Jennings and V jay jay are a wash, both are so good. Ronnie Brown is a huge upgrade over Coffee, and makes it so I finally have two good RBs.

Mason and Royal or sort of a Wash. I do like Mason better, but I'm pretty solid at WR with Vjax and Colston and Burleson already.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, I think anyone is tradeable as well, but I think this deal hinges on your opinion of RBrown. I have never been a fan of RBrown. MIA will continue to struggle. I see you need help at RB, but the downgrades at QB and WR are not worth it in my opinion, for any of his backs. Jennings to VJax is a downgrade IMO as is Mason to Royal (who may be approaching dropable status).

I'd look for a RB elsewhere.

Agreed. He's asking you to downgrade at every other position (even though one of the downgrades is on your bench, you might have to use him later).

Maybe if it was just Brees for Rivers & Ronnie Brown that would be more fair, but for a guy like Brees, you need to turn it into a solid RB in the deal (being your position of need).

The one good part of this trade is your getting Rivers, who's not that far behind Brees (not further than any other QB anyway).