[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Overpaying for Chris Johnson?

michaelman

My team is in my signature.. i've stacked it pretty well with some trades and I'm looking to improve some more...

Should I go for Chris Johnson with a 2 for 1 deal.... Mcgahee + Desean Jackson? or is that way too much overpay...

Seems like i'm overpaying ... but i guess mcgahee and desean are both sell highs? (so it might not be overpaying by THAT much?)

I don't think you're overpaying at all. CJ is a #1 pick stud who has actually delivered.

It's probably more about your team needs (as it always is). Your wideouts look solid, but you could certainly use a solid #1 RB, but right now you could definitely play it according to matchup... And especially if either McGahee, Rice, or T. Jones goes down, you've got a ton of good options.

By doing this trade, you would certainly be thin then at WR though (w/only Bryant), but on the other hand, you would have a 2 solid RBs and another RB to put in the flex pretty much every week. If you're confident you can find a good backup WR on waivers/free agent, then I think this looks like like a good move... otherwise, I think your fine with the many good options you have right now.

I don't think you're overpaying at all. CJ is a #1 pick stud who has actually delivered.

It's probably more about your team needs (as it always is). Your wideouts look solid, but you could certainly use a solid #1 RB, but right now you could definitely play it according to matchup... And especially if either McGahee, Rice, or T. Jones goes down, you've got a ton of good options.

By doing this trade, you would certainly be thin then at WR though (w/only Bryant), but on the other hand, you would have a 2 solid RBs and another RB to put in the flex pretty much every week. If you're confident you can find a good backup WR on waivers/free agent, then I think this looks like like a good move... otherwise, I think your fine with the many good options you have right now.

Okay so you've touched on the 1st rounder up holding his value argument which I agree with.

What about the selling high argument for Mcgahee and Desean? If Mcgahee stops producing 2 tds out of 10 touches... the drop in his value is huge. If jackson stops getting 70 yard TD plays off missed tackles on 5yd passes... does His production drop? cuz desean isn't a redzone target.. if he scores.. it's only from a big play.

I'd be inclined to agree that McGahee's production could drop off, except for the fact that he's been consistently successful in the red-zone this year (and he had broken a big run before the one goal-line carry Rice has gotten). Until he stops having success, I don't see any reason why Baltimore won't go with their big back at the goal-line and in other situations. Plus having an offense that can drive the ball down the field, he could have a bunch of chances.

I haven't watched much out of Philly, but you gotta figure that Desean can only be better with a healthy McNabb or more time with Kolb.

Nobody can really say for sure if either of these guys will keep it up, but neither of them has shown much reason to doubt them at this point.

Again, I still think it's a good trade though. Regardless of these guy's future performances, you are selling them high in the sense that they were low draft picks, and you can turn them into a bonafied #1. As long as u can pick up another backup WR, then go for it.

Just like I said there's no reason to believe these guys won't continue to perform, there's also no reason to believe CJ won't be worth it (assuming you can find a bench replacement for DJax).