[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guess how much Banks made on Overdraft Income in 08

Jackass

Any BoA account holders that could chime in on their experience with this bank?

I just did the unthinkable and finally opened up a free checking/no minimum balance account a couple days ago. My reason for feeling so dirty now is because of my job and travel it takes me on. I needed a bank in every state to cash my checks at without getting that FEE!!!!! you had to TAKE UP THE ARSE!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checks you deposit are not neccessarily from that bank, thus yes, they would need to verify the funds before releasing them.

Checks after they are deposited by whomever you write them to and verified by your bank are of course pulled out right away, and if you pay via debit card, are pulled right away, as you are pulling directly from your account, no going through a 3rd party.

As far as I know, checks right now can not be automatically verified, so no way to decline those. I agree that debit cards should be declined.

Hmm . . my bank also "holds" things like payroll checks and cashiers checks. How does that need to be "verified"? Especially if they are cashier chekcs? Arent those just like money?

maybe I just need a new bank . . . lol

Not a banker . . seriously asking.

Hmm . . my bank also "holds" things like payroll checks and cashiers checks. How does that need to be "verified"? Especially if they are cashier chekcs? Arent those just like money?

maybe I just need a new bank . . . lol

Not a banker . . seriously asking.

So I just got a check in the mail today from my last gig and run to the bank to deposit it. I go inside, hand them my credentials and ask to withdrawl half the money. I'm told "It takes 3 days to clear on deposit". Hmmmmm i said. Ok...I'll cash it then. So she cashes it and then I turn around and deposit half of it into my checking..with cash. RETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDED!!!!!

So I just got a check in the mail today from my last gig and run to the bank to deposit it. I go inside, hand them my credentials and ask to withdrawl half the money. I'm told "It takes 3 days to clear on deposit". Hmmmmm i said. Ok...I'll cash it then. So she cashes it and then I turn around and deposit half of it into my checking..with cash. RETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDED!!!!!

EXACTLY!

Why the hell do they have to "verify" when you can just CASH the damn thing and then immediately desposit it?

:wacko::D

EXACTLY!

Why the hell do they have to "verify" when you can just CASH the damn thing and then immediately desposit it?

:wacko::D

What was funny was that when I "cashed" the check, I asked for a deposit slip and she kinda looked at me funny. I then inserted half of the check, in cash, into the fancy little envelope and deposited it, asking "my funds are automatically available with cash deposit inside the branch correct?"..."correct sir". And with that I gave out alittle chuckle and skadoodled out of the bank thinking to myself.."I really hate banks".