[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire: Warner or Leinart?

Kalaby

I'm in an 8-man league where we start 2 QBs each week, but can only have 1 QB on the bench (i.e. max of 3 QBs on your entire roster).

We have a weekly blind bid waiver system and I picked up Leinart for the minimum last week as a speculative move that Warner would be KO'd over the next month. I have Brady and Schaub as my starters and dumped Edwards to pick/up Leinart.

However, at the same time and rather unexpectedly, the Warner owner dumped him last week mainly due to the fact that 2 of his 3 QBs had a bye and he didn't want to take a zero for one of his QBs in last weeks games. Maybe he also reasoned that the vultures were circling and that Warner was on borrowed time whether it be injury or poor play.

The question now becomes, do I go after Warner in what would likely take quite a lot of money to win the bid for him or do I stick with Brady/Schaub (their byes are still 4-6 weeks away) and have Leinart sitting on the bench waiting/hoping for Warner to go down?

Our bids are due tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice.