[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Trade!

heehawks

Just finalized a trade in my long time local. Trades rarely happen because it gets voted upon. But this one actually went through. My team without the trade is in my sig line.

I gave McNabb and Chris Johnson for Brady. I've already got Rodgers, but now I can play the matchup game with Brady.

He needed an RB, and I've got MJD, Benson, Rice and Stewart left after trading CJ. I will be picking up either S.Morris or R.Williams for further depth at RB. Plus CJ has a bye next week so I was sitting him anyway.

I think this upgrades my team, especially if I make the playoffs. Brady has got juicy matchups.....NE @ Buff week 15 and JAX @ NE week 16.

What do you guys think??

1pt / 20yds pass

6pt / TD

-2 / int

1pt / 15yds rush

You have two solid QBs already, and gave up a very solid running back for Brady.

Now bear with me here, because I will probably take a crapload of heat for this lol, but here goes....

I can't stand the @$$ kissing Brady gets in the fantasy world, and trades like this only further help his clouded value.

NOW, Brady is a top 5 fantasy quarterback NO DOUBT. But the guy has ONE SEASON in which he threw for 30 touchdown passes, granted it was 50 and I will certainly give him that obviously, but that team will NEVER be the same as it was. No matt light at left tackle for brady with his knee injury= him crapping his pants every time he steps back. The patriots were great that season fantasy wise, perhaps the best ever, but I'm not willing to throw away a perennial top 8 fantasy qb and chris johnson.....for Brady. Especially! when i have rodgers

Edited by cnsfrk009

I will be sure to re-visit this hread later in the season. I may have made a mistake, but I honestly think I upgraded. Plus I forgot to add that I'm 2-3 and I traded to a 1-4 team. So, I thought a change would be nice.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade or piss in your cheerios, I guess I was just saying I would have asked for a running back in return as well, its not like u traded derek anderson and chris johnson for brady.....you traded a very good QB already in mcnabb, while still having rodgers.

C.Johnson is on track to post huge fantasy numbers this year. I think your trade will hurt you. The thing about RB's is they are far more prone to injury then the QB and you had a fantastic list that could surive some really bad luck during the season. Now that you gave up CJ you are going to be left out in the cold if one or two of your RBs get hurt.

Playing devil's advocate to my own opinion however I can see the desire to grab Brady. I mean if he stops acting like a little girl and starts playing to his potential and finding Moss like he used to then the guy could give you the edge you need to win the playoffs. Good luck. This trade is definately a flip a coin type of situation.

C.Johnson is on track to post huge fantasy numbers this year. I think your trade will hurt you. The thing about RB's is they are far more prone to injury then the QB and you had a fantastic list that could surive some really bad luck during the season. Now that you gave up CJ you are going to be left out in the cold if one or two of your RBs get hurt.

Playing devil's advocate to my own opinion however I can see the desire to grab Brady. I mean if he stops acting like a little girl and starts playing to his potential and finding Moss like he used to then the guy could give you the edge you need to win the playoffs. Good luck. This trade is definately a flip a coin type of situation.

I agree with this assessment. I weighed the excellent RB roster factor with the Brady potential factor. I struggled mightily in this decision. But figured why not?

Here is my assessment...I've got a pretty good stable of RB's left, and I'm trading my #3 RB and my #2 QB for a bonified #1 QB. Now, yes I agree I"m taking a chance that Brady continues to improve as the season progresses. I also know that Rodgers is an excellent #1 for me. But I also weighed in the factor that Rodgers has been sacked a bizzillion times and could be due for injury. I finally decided that I believe that Brady could have a significant effect to my roster for remainder of the season AND have Rodgers. I also thought about Rodgers going down and having to rely on McNabb for the long haul. He doesn't have the best track record for staying healthy.

So bottom line? I'm pretty stoked now to have two top-tier QB's, all without putting too much of a dent into my starting roster.

So bottom line? I'm pretty stoked now to have two top-tier QB's, all without putting too much of a dent into my starting roster.

Dude u had 2 top tier Qbs before the trade. Good Luck. Hope the trade pays off. Looks like u have a very solid team.

i would have traded CJ and upgraded my wr.

Oh believe me, I tried. But EVERYONE in the 8 man league is lockjaw on WR. Nobody seems to want to let go of WRs, even for a top tier RB.

So, as far as I can tell, most of you think it was a bad trade on my part or at the best a coin flip. Understandable, and I guess I will have to reap what I sow.

Thanks for all of your opinions!

as a Patriots homer, i think you gave up to much for Brady....sorry.

BUT, i dont think it hurts your team much, if at all.

did you start McRibs every week? doubt it.

did you start CJ every week? doubt it.

play the match up, for now, at qb....to bad you missed out on the GB bye week.