[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agent Shopping

cowboy

I have Fred Jackson and W McGahee. Jackson has faded out since return of Lynch

McGahee was getting me TD's, but now nothing. Looking to replace them.

Available...

Laurence Maroney, NE.

Clinton Portis, Wash

Ricky Williams, MIA

Jonathan Stewart, CAR

Any of these guys worth picking up?

Something I'm not understanding with everyone's hate of Portis is the fact that he's 7TH OVERALL IN RUSHING YARDS IN THE LEAGUE!!!! You just don't let that sit on the waiver wire. He's averaging 4.2 ypc ON A TERRIBLE OFFENSE THAT IS STACKING AGAINST THE RUN!!!!! With a new playcaller in Washington, the future can only be brighter, because it can't get much worse. He's a touchdown or two off of being a S2 in any league format and will certainly make up the difference as Washington leans on the run to compensate for Campbell.

Same goes for Ricky as the Fins employ packages to compensate for Henne's inexperience. The Dolphins have put the ball on the ground 154 times between Ricky and Ronnie (93 to 61) or about 31 times per game, meaning Ricky is getting 10 carries a game (and more since Pennington went down) and catching around 2 for 20 out of the backfield. That's a 7ppg lock and a TD every other game.

Not only that, the Dolphins have actually proved themselves very very capable of clock management and keeping their offense on the field (even witness their loss to Indy). IMO that makes them more valuable than the shaky bills tandem or even willis mcgahees propensity to do all or nothing. I'd be starting both Ricky and Clinton over your two.

Thanks imtoolowkey,

I'm thinking the same way you are, I just needed some confirmation.

After I dump Jackson/McGahee, I'm going with Portis and R Williams

My new RB core will be:

A Peterson

P Thomas

K Moreno

C Portis

R Williams

Portis on the waiver wire?? Right before Week 4, one of our league members dumped him for R Choice.