[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Ray Rice for Flacco and Kevin Smith

Donkey Meat

I am in a 12 team PPR league with a fairly deep bench. We only start 1 QB and I start Schaub, but our flex position is open for starting a 2nd. I love Rice, but I'm considering this trade because I'd be able to start both players immediately as I don't really have a great flex play. Since our league is so deep, there is really no one on the wire that I can really count on getting many points in the flex spot. On my bench I've got players like Donald Brown, Lesean McCoy, and I had Darren McFadden, none of whom have stepped up to fill that flex spot. It's a high scoring league as we get bonuses for breaking 300 yds passing, at 350 and 400. Similar bonuses for rushing and receiving.

Sorry it's so long. Thanks for help.

My other starting RB is Steve Slaton. My receivers are Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, and Ochocinco. TE is Celek. I picked up Vince Young and Josh Freeman expecting that they'll be starting soon, but I'm not expecting much from them. Like I said earlier, I've got Brown and McCoy, but who knows what will happen with either of them. I also have Earl Bennett, but that's not panning out either.

So although I feel like Smith is a downgrade at RB from Rice, Flacco and Smith together might be an overall upgrade since I could start both. That's assuming Flacco keeps throwing like he has been.

there has to be somebody you could pick up that when paired with rice, would produce as much as flacco/smith. rice is the hottest player in the league right now and i would be riding his hot streak ...

you would think so, but seriously every player that you can think of is gone in my league.

I would do it. Kevin Smith is a downgrade, but imo not THAT much of a downgrade and Flacco should boost your flex a lot as I think he's just going to keep putting up nice numbers.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=304106

I don't know much about Kevin Smith, I'm just a little worried as he is a Lions RB. You don't think he's too much of a downgrade from Rice?