[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should this trade be vetoed?

blitzkrieg266

I'm a commish in a 10 team league. Our scoring system is 1 point for every 10 yards rushingi/receiving, 1 pt for every 25 yards passing 1 pt for every 3 receptions(WR and TE only) All Td's are 6 points.

The trade that is currently pending is Team A is trading Tom Brady,Randy Moss, and Larry Johnson to Team B for Adrian Peterson.

Our league rules allow for a veto by the commish if it involves collusion or the trade is "lopsided" I don't suspect collusion in this case. A few owners are encouraging mee to veto the trade on the grounds that it's lopsided with the Brady's owner giving up way too much for Peterson. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Yeah, I'd say this trade is lop sided but dending on the depth of the two teams, this might be a legit trade. Keep in mind that Brady and Moss have really only had one good game so far this season and that was against the worst defense (hard for me to say that) in the NFL right now.

Post their rosters and then we can make a tad more legit decision.

Also see mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=304551

Team A

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Palmer, Carson CIN QB

Brown, Donald IND RB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Johnson, Larry KCC RB

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Chambers, Chris SDC WR

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR

Jenkins, Michael WR

Moss, Randy NEP WR

Royal, Eddie DEN WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Akers, David PHI PK

Prater, Matt DEN PK

Broncos, Denver DEN Def

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

Team B

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB (P)

Choice, Tashard DAL RB

Harrison, Jerome CLE RB

Hightower, Tim ARI RB

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Washington, Leon NYJ RB

White, LenDale TEN RB

Caldwell, Andre CIN WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

Reed, Jeff PIT PK

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

Edited by blitzkrieg266

It's as simple as what you said:

I don't suspect collusion in this case.

If you don't, then you should'nt do anything about it. Value is in the eye of the beholder, and if this guy wants to trade his entire team away for a #1 stud, he certainly isn't the first to do so.

He obviously needs the RB help, but ya, it looks like he will actually need much more WR help after this trade. He will be leaving it all up to Royal until Boldin is back (not to mention the mess if you start 3 WRs). He should have traded Gates or Davis for this trade to make any sense for him.

Regardless, yes, it's a bad trade. But veto, absolutely not! It is his right to try to fill a gap however he wants, as long as he's not colluding.

If Team A is at the bottom of the league, and team B at the top, then maybe you could start suspecting foul-play. Otherwise, remember that stupid trades are almost inevitable in this sport.