[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anthony Gonzalez

BDT13

I'm hearing that AGonz may still be a long ways from returning ......

With that in mind, I'm in a league where I can only have 4 WRs on my team. I have RMoss and HWard on byes, leaving only Evans to start, since AGonz has been riding the bench since week one.

Do you think AGonz will be productive late in the season when he finally returns? I'm 5-2 with playoff aspirations so he could be useful come playoff time. But if I keep him I'm taking a ZERO with my 2nd WR spot this week ....

or ...

Do you think AGonz isn't worth keeping any longer and its time to dump him and pick up whatever scrub I can just to get some points this week? (Breaston and Crabtree are two tempting choices on the wire right now)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I'm not sure what to think of Gonzo after this injury....I've never been high on the guy anyway, with Garcon and Collie stepping in and doing fine Indy might keep him out an extra week or 2 to be sure he's 100% healthy. FWIW he was dropped in my 12-teamer 1 or 2 weeks ago and still sitting on the WW. So you might be able to drop him and pick him back up, like you said "he may become useful during playoff time" but you gotta get there first so I'd drop him for another option instead of getting a gooseegg for my wr2 spot

If there is a decent WR in free agency for whom you could drop Gonzalez, I would do that. Figure it is unlikely you would start him over Ward or Moss for the rest of the season, so no point in taking a 0 at a lineup spot this week if you do not have to. And, hard to guage how much playing time Gonzalez will even get given the emergence of Collie and Garcon.