[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this move shady or am I over reacting?

PythonPatrol

Hi all let me know what you think. Our trade deadline was this past Tuesday, November 3rd at midnight. It has been on our league’s calendar since this summer. This is the message we got today, mind you this is coming from our league’s commissioner and the one proposing the trade:

“Hey guys....so I was trying to offer Billy’s team a trade and

when I hit the button it automatically put the trade

through....I was baffled. Why did that happen? I reversed

the trade, and then realized that we had passed our trade

deadline. Well....since I usually notify you guys when that

happens....I extended the trade deadline until November

10th. Get all of your last minute trades proposed and

through.

In any case...just wanted to give everyone a heads up... & Billy look for my trade offer...”

The supposed trade was Billy would trade Calvin Johnson to our commissioner, the one whose email we got above, for Steve Breaston, Heath Miller and Ryan Moats.

Let me know what you all think since I did send him an email.

Edited by PythonPatrol

No, if anything you're under-reacting.

If the deadline was set for a certain date, then only a league vote should change that, and certainly not after the fact when he makes a "mistake" that benefits him.

As the commisioner, he obviously has the power to fix his mistake, and seems to be offering this so you'll let his trade slide. In my leagues, this would be grounds for changing commisioners. That's a blatant exploit of your power, as no one else even has the opportunity to make such a "mistake".

Tell him to change it back, and get the league behind you.

You are right to question this.

If the date is the 3rd, his f#ck up should not extend that deadline. Anyone else clicked the wrong button, etc. this would not lead to an extension. A good commish would not even ask this. A commish needs to avoid any semblance of a conflict of interest. A good commish is concerned about the integrity of the league first, and his team second.

You are right to question this.

If the date is the 3rd, his f#ck up should not extend that deadline. Anyone else clicked the wrong button, etc. this would not lead to an extension. A good commish would not even ask this. A commish needs to avoid any semblance of a conflict of interest. A good commish is concerned about the integrity of the league first, and his team second.

+1

That is some shady poopy. As the commissioner, how do you propose a trade and forget that the deadline has already passed. The commish is the one who makes those dates. Call him out and do not allow the trade to go through. Life is too short for bad commissioners...