[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you trade Benson, P. Thomas, or Rice for Vernon Davis?

ameier

I got really lucky in the draft this year and ended up with these backs:

Jones-Drew JAC

Thomas NOS

Benson CIN

Rice BAL

I guess that luck had to end sometime. My tight end was Owen Daniels. The guy in my league who has Vernon Davis has offered me him for any of my backs. I can only start 3 RBs, but I'm having a hard time giving any of these guys up.

Would you do it? If so, who?

Thanks.

For any of your backs??? give him thomas and run away laughing ..... when can you see yourself starting thomas over Ray rice (leads bal in rec yds and tds) or over benson who still has oak cle, det, and kc on his fantasy schedule. and need i say anything bout mjd...

I wouldnt trade one of those backs for a hot TE......those numbers WILL come down....it is Alex Smith throwing to him and they will ride the running game...

as far as when will you start Thomas? how about this upcoming week against the Rams!!!!!

I wouldnt trade one of those backs for a hot TE......those numbers WILL come down....it is Alex Smith throwing to him and they will ride the running game...

as far as when will you start Thomas? how about this upcoming week against the Rams!!!!!

I'd probably stay with what you have there amigo. out of curiosity, who fills your TE spot now? I went from Daniels to Heap because of the injury.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=307337

With that backfield, I would trade away Thomas. MJD, Benson, and Rice are all top 5 running backs! No need to play PT.

Any chance of trading of landing Dallas Clark? Maybe that owner has something like Clark/Celek and would be willing to let Dallas go for a RB upgrade.

But yeah, with your backfield I'd probably do the PT for Vernon trade. He's getting better value, so if you can sweeten it any other way (like swap WRs also), then go for it.

Thanks, fellas. Wow, it seems people are pretty split on this. 3 no and 2 yes. So, assume that I will make the playoffs. For those who said to give up Thomas (who I agree is the only candidate), would you still make the trade if you knew that the Super Bowl match up had Ray Rice going against the Steelers? On top of that Thomas is going against Tampa Bay.

To replace Daniels, I picked up Fred Davis WAS hoping that Cooley was going to be out for a while. Didn't do much for me last week. I could pick up Heap who is still available. Clark isn't an option since he that owner's only TE. The top five available TE in our league are:

Ben Watson

Todd Heap

Tony Scheffler

Jermichael Finley

Marcedes Lewis

For those who said to give up Thomas (who I agree is the only candidate), would you still make the trade if you knew that the Super Bowl match up had Ray Rice going against the Steelers? On top of that Thomas is going against Tampa Bay.

Hell yes! I will be starting Rice without hesitation against The Steelers. That will be a hard fought game, and I can see Rice doing damage through the air, similar to what he did to the Vikings.

Remember week 16 last year? The Panthers played The Giants top rated run defense in New York? Stud players rise to the occasion, and Deangelo hung 4 touchdowns on them.

Rice will be called upon if the Ravens plan on winning.

New Orleans will wrap up a top playoff seed, and I could very well see them easing on PT's workload, and maybe getting Bush more into the game by then. Bell too.

Edited by jordanzs