[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading for AP

Capt. Stanky

I'm currently 8-1 in my deep keeper league (keep 10 from year to year). Standard scoring, but we start 2 QB's and it's a PPR league. My team is very balanced with good depth taboot. I've been talking with the owner of AP (He's currently in 3rd, but looking at his team I don't know how). Here's the current trade/players I'm dangling:

I give...

Palmer (we start 2 QB's), Forte, Braylon & KBoss

I get...

AP, GOlsen, CTaylor, one of either Driver or Burelson

My Team:

QB's (start 2)

Romo, Rivers, Palmer, VY, Collins

RB's

MJD, Forte, Lynch, FJack, Fargas

WR's

AJohnson, Welker, SSmith (NYG), Braylon, AGonzo

TE's

ZMiller, KBoss (lost ODaniels a couple of weeks ago)

His Team:

QB's (start 2)

Orton, TEdwards, JCampbell

RB's

AP, MBarber, Jacobs

WR's

D-Jax, V-Jax, Burelson, Driver

TE's

Shockey, GOlsen

Obviously he's really hurting at QB, with Orton as his only viable starter. I can afford to trade Palmer with VY's emergance. Do you think I'm giving up enough to get AP? If he wants to keep Olsen it's not a deal breaker. Although Driver and Burelson have out performed Braylon, Braylon is a much more attractive option as a keeper.

Does everyone still think this would be a slam dunk for me? Forte got allot of love from Cutler tonight (8 for 120 receiving) and he's been getting more of late even before this week. I think I'm going to take Braylon out of the offer. What does everyone think about the following...

I give

Palmer, Forte & Boss

I get

AP, CTaylor & GOlsen

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Does everyone still think this would be a slam dunk for me? Forte got allot of love from Cutler tonight (8 for 120 receiving) and he's been getting more of late even before this week. I think I'm going to take Braylon out of the offer. What does everyone think about the following...

I give

Palmer, Forte & Boss

I get

AP, CTaylor & GOlsen

I am an AP owner and if I were that guy.... no way I make the deal. You can't trust the Bears or Cutler in my opinion and I think Forte has turned into a matchup play, even though he had a good night last night. Cincy is a run first team and Palmer has turned into a game manager. Sure, you are giving him a QB, but I have to believe he could do better elsewhere.

I am an AP owner and if I were that guy.... no way I make the deal. You can't trust the Bears or Cutler in my opinion and I think Forte has turned into a matchup play, even though he had a good night last night. Cincy is a run first team and Palmer has turned into a game manager. Sure, you are giving him a QB, but I have to believe he could do better elsewhere.

That's the thing, he couldn't do better elsewhere. I'm really the only team that's in a position to trade a QB. Since we start 2 QB's they are more valuable than RB's in this deep keeper format. It's just much harder to acquire a franchise type QB. Also, Palmer is just starting to hit is groove. Keep in mind that he hadn't played for almost a full season coming into the year. It took him about a month to knock off the rust. He's not going to drop back and pass it as much as he did in '05, but he's a big upgrade for this dudes team.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

You were right to take the WRs out of the deal, now you just gotta take out the TE's too.... You can't really expect this guy to take a downgrade at RB, WR, and TE, just to get a marginal QB1.

Since he does need a QB, and you might be in the best position to offer it to him, then you could maybe get away with stealing AP, but cmon, I don't know that you can't expect him to give up Olsen for Boss and/or either of those WRs for Braylon too.

He knows the valuable part of the trade for you is AP, so why would he possibly take these other downgrades? Keep it simple, Forte and Palmer for AP and Taylor. Those other deals won't happen, but feel free to try.

You were right to take the WRs out of the deal, now you just gotta take out the TE's too.... You can't really expect this guy to take a downgrade at RB, WR, and TE, just to get a marginal QB1.

Since he does need a QB, and you might be in the best position to offer it to him, then you could maybe get away with stealing AP, but cmon, I don't know that you can't expect him to give up Olsen for Boss and/or either of those WRs for Braylon too.

He knows the valuable part of the trade for you is AP, so why would he possibly take these other downgrades? Keep it simple, Forte and Palmer for AP and Taylor. Those other deals won't happen, but feel free to try.

I hear you. Getting Olsen in return might be asking too much, but I would argue that Braylon isn't a downgrade for him but an upgrade. Like I stated before, even though Driver and Burelson have outscored Braylon this year Braylon is a far more desirable keeper option than eithier Driver or Burelson. I was throwing Braylon out there as just another peice I could add to the offer. Personally, I would rather keep Braylon than trade him for one of Driver or Buerlson. My starters at WR are set with AJ, Welker and SSmith (NYG), so Driver or Buerlson would be backups anyway.

I hear you. Getting Olsen in return might be asking too much, but I would argue that Braylon isn't a downgrade for him but an upgrade. Like I stated before, even though Driver and Burelson have outscored Braylon this year Braylon is a far more desirable keeper option than eithier Driver or Burelson. I was throwing Braylon out there as just another peice I could add to the offer. Personally, I would rather keep Braylon than trade him for one of Driver or Buerlson. My starters at WR are set with AJ, Welker and SSmith (NYG), so Driver or Buerlson would be backups anyway

Oh, I didn't see the part about it being a keeper league. Okay, then the deals do make a lot more sense then, being that Braylon could be a great-long-term pickup too.

In that case, I'd try any of those deals to get AP. Ya, you're right to want to hold on to Braylon, but obviously you don't need him for anything more than a backup you could probably aqcuire in the next year or two when the gas runs out for Burleson or Driver.

Since Olsen's not that guy's starter, then I could see him maybe taking Boss for the long-term, but like you said, it probably doesn't sweeten the deal for him at all. Also, my other worry would be that he might not accept the deal because your starters would be greatly strengthened, especially given Olsen too.

But like i said, do what you gotta do to get the AP part done (TE would just be a huge bonus), as any of those deals sound pretty good for you, but otherwise, you might be just as well served looking to do a trade that simply strengthens your TE. (Just something to think about).

Oh, I didn't see the part about it being a keeper league. Okay, then the deals do make a lot more sense then, being that Braylon could be a great-long-term pickup too.

In that case, I'd try any of those deals to get AP. Ya, you're right to want to hold on to Braylon, but obviously you don't need him for anything more than a backup you could probably aqcuire in the next year or two when the gas runs out for Burleson or Driver.

Since Olsen's not that guy's starter, then I could see him maybe taking Boss for the long-term, but like you said, it probably doesn't sweeten the deal for him at all. Also, my other worry would be that he might not accept the deal because your starters would be greatly strengthened, especially given Olsen too.

But like i said, do what you gotta do to get the AP part done (TE would just be a huge bonus), as any of those deals sound pretty good for you, but otherwise, you might be just as well served looking to do a trade that simply strengthens your TE. (Just something to think about).

Great feedback. delusions. That's the kind of analysis that keeps me coming back to the Huddle. Pretty much all in line with what I'm thinking. I come to the Huddle more for validation of thinking than anything else. The guy I'm talking to isn't the best FF owner. He's gotten really lucky thus far to be in 3rd. Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't want to help my ridiculous team :wacko::D:D:D

My starters would look like this if I can pull it off:

QB's

Rivers, Romo

RB's

MJD, AP

WR's

AJ, Welker, SSmith (NYG)

TE

Olsen

Makes my mouth water :D

Update:

Still working on the owner of AP. What do you guys think about this:

I give

Romo, Forte & ZMiller

I get

AP, Olsen & CTaylor

This guy is hurting even more with Orton's bum ankle. Is this enough for AP? I would like to keep Braylon if possible, but would be willing to throw him in as well. Keep in mind that we start 2 QB's in this deep keeper, so QB's are just as important as RB's. I think they are more important since it's easier to get a good RB in each years draft than a franchise type QB (10 team league were we start 2, so QB's are very scarce).

Dude, give up on trying to get the TE upgrade. If you wanna get AP, that's the only upgrade you're gonna make. Just do AP and C.Taylor for Palmer and Forte. You still have Rivers and Romo, Palmer is useless. There I just made the trade for you.

AP is 7837383 x better than Forte.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=308280

Dude, give up on trying to get the TE upgrade. If you wanna get AP, that's the only upgrade you're gonna make. Just do AP and C.Taylor for Palmer and Forte. You still have Rivers and Romo, Palmer is useless. There I just made the trade for you.

AP is 7837383 x better than Forte.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=308280

I hear you about the TE, but the guy has Olsen and Shockey. I really don't think he will have a problem giving up one of the two. It's at least worth a shot, but you're right, if it comes down to it I would take Olsen out of the deal.

The AP owner is still pondering the trade. I've been talking to a couple of other teams as well. What do you think about the following offer...

I give...

Forte & SSmith (NYG)

I get...

RRice & SMoss

I would then do the following trade, which I've already confirmed the other owner would do...

I give

Romo or Palmer and 2 throw ins

I get

VD, Ocho and a to 10 IDP (Beason)

Here's what my starting lineup would look like if I make the trade for AP...

QB's

Rivers & Romo or Palmer

RB's

AP & MJD

WR's

AJohnson, Welker & SSmith

TE

Olsen

Here's what my team would look like if I trade for Rice and make that other trade...

QB's

Rivers & Romo or Palmer

RB's

MJD & Rice

WR's

AJohnson, Welker & Ocho

TE

VD

Which starting lineup do you like better?

this dude is insane giving you ap for palmer and forte. maybe forte last year and he should consider it. if he wants to do this. do it

Did you read through all the posts? We start 2 QB's making them every bit as important as RB's. This guy has Orton, JCampbell and TEdwards. That is why he's seriously considering it. Anyone have any opinions on my new possible trade offers? Which do you like more?

Here's my post about the other offers...

The AP owner is still pondering the trade. I've been talking to a couple of other teams as well. What do you think about the following offer...

I give...

Forte & SSmith (NYG)

I get...

RRice & SMoss

I would then do the following trade, which I've already confirmed the other owner would do...

I give

Romo or Palmer and 2 throw ins

I get

VD, Ocho and a to 10 IDP (Beason)

Here's what my starting lineup would look like if I make the trade for AP...

QB's

Rivers & Romo or Palmer

RB's

AP & MJD

WR's

AJohnson, Welker & SSmith

TE

Olsen

Here's what my team would look like if I trade for Rice and make that other trade...

QB's

Rivers & Romo or Palmer

RB's

MJD & Rice

WR's

AJohnson, Welker & Ocho

TE

VD

Which starting lineup do you like better?

Dude, congrats on that... I can't believe you got a TE in the deal to boot... Now that's a team!

Did you see The League last night? He obviously didn't, because he just got trade-raped.

I really think it was a good trade for both teams. Keep in mind that it's a 10 player keeper league. I'm selling low on Forte, who was a top 5 back going into the year. Like I've stated before, it's much more difficult to acquire a franchise QB than a franchise RB in this format. In fact, this owner has never had a top 10 QB in his 4 years in the league. His QB's before the trade were Orton, JCampbell and TEdwards. He was kind of backed into a corner since he's in the playoff hunt and would probably only have had 1 QB going this week. I think I got the best player in the trade, obviously, but I don't think it's as lopsided as you guys think.

Edited by Capt. Stanky