[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shoudl I make this trade

mroban

So my keeper league team (not the WCOFF below) is very solid at QB, WR and TE (Warner, Wayne, A Johnson, S.Smith (NYG), Burleson, Breaston, Tony G) but not so much at RB (been rocking it with Slaton, Knowshon and Beanie). Now that Slaton has been demoted more or less, I am kind of stuck. Im 7-2 but need to shore up the team to make a real run or else im in danger of a spectacular flame out.

I can trade Steve Smith and Beanie Wells for Maroney, Sammy Morris and Manningham. Its a keeper league and Smith and Beanie are well priced as keepers. Maroney is too but Im not sure how his long term value is.

There is obviously some risk. Here are the factors:

1. beanie might be just as good as Maroney going forward (although I tend to think not). both have great rushing schedules

2. Maroney faces competition once Morris comes back and still faces the possibility of Fred Taylor returning at some point (or heaven forbid, Larry Johnson).

3. Once Morris comes back, its a job share again and Maroney becomes no more compelling than Beanie, Knowshon or Slaton for that matter.

On the positive side:

1. Pats are coming together and running the ball effectively. If Maroney has the hot hand he is likely to keep it.

2. I can pick up Fred Taylor so I will have all of them

3. Steve Smith plays for a team that notoriously will not throw the ball that well in late November, December. So this is a "sell high" opportunity.

Thoughts? Certainly Maroney helps me this week. I can afford to lose this week with little consequence. So its really more about the long term play.

imo, not worth it...pats are a pass 1st team, and none of their RBs are a step up from beanie...and beanie, is starting to see more and more action as hightower is being phased out...especially in a keeper league

although s smith will be inconsistent through the winter, just as last game they will start to throw him back in the slot so he can make a difference...and manningham is getting squeezed by H Nicks

i would say no dont do it...