[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team Intentionally Sits Everyone Out

maskedmike

The number 1 team in the league I run decided to not start any of his players today. Effectively guaranteeing a loss. This decision will effect 3 teams chance of making the playoffs. I thought this was unfair. Locked out his team (temporarily) and put in his projected best starters in for this weekends game. Do you think that this is a fair decision that I have made? I would really appreciate any input.

Your published league rules really should cover this sort of situation, but assuming they don't ... you may be opening a can of worms by submitting a valid lineup for that team. I understand your issue with that team's actions, and agree with your intent, but again - if there is nothing in the published league rules that prohibits the owner from "throwing" a game to presumably improve his strategic situation as regards the playoff picture or whatever - the guy seems to be within his right to do so - even if it is clearly a cheesy move on his part.

Tough situation for a commish to be in for sure, as it always is when "league integrity" comes into play.

If the guy wants to drop a game, he should be able to drop a game. He paid for those players. It's part of his strategy, he should have a right to that strategy. It affects three other teams in your league? Of course it does! It should. That's why he's doing it. It's his team, his players - unless he's cheating, he should be able to do what he wants with those players.

If he benched his starters and played Matt Moore and Earl Bennett, would you have to lock his team, too?