[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st Timer!

StaRRtel

Hello all, happy holidays. This is my 1st time on this site and I thought I'd get some opinions. I'm playing fantasy football for the 1st and I've done pretty well. I won the regular season and now I'm in the 2nd week of the playoffs. I wanted to post my players because I'm having a tough time deciding this week. I started Dallas Clark and he scored me 21 points to start off the week. Please take a look at my team and reply with your opinions. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

I recently added Kevin Faulk, Jason Snelling & Michael Jenkins to my roster. I was hoping to find a sleeper or two.

My starting line-up as of right now-

QB Eli Manning, NYG QB P @Was

RB Frank Gore, SF RB P @Phi

RB Reggie Bush, NO RB Dal

RB/WR Kevin Faulk, NE RB @Buf

WR Derrick Mason, Bal WR P Chi

WR Robert Meachem, NO WR Dal

TE Dallas Clark, Ind TE @Jac W 35-31 (21 points)

D/ST Patriots D/ST, NE D/ST @Buf

K Shayne Graham, Cin K @SD

Players on the bench-

Bench Pierre Thomas, NO RB P Dal

Bench Cowboys D/ST, Dal D/ST @NO

Bench Alex Smith, SF QB @Phi

Bench Jason Snelling, Atl RB @NYJ

Bench Santonio Holmes, Pit WR GB

Bench Chad Henne, Mia QB @Ten

Bench Michael Jenkins, Atl WR @NYJ

Welcome to The Huddle!

Check the weather forecast in Philly on Sunday morning. Alex Smith is playing pretty well, and I don't like Eli's matchup with Washington at all. I dug into Eli's career vs the Redskins and found the below info at http://www.redskins.com/gen/games/gameday.jsp:

Playing against the Redskins, Eli Manning has been up and down in his career.

Overall, Manning has played in 10 games against the Redskins, completing 181-of-343 passes for 2,053 yards, eight touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Manning’s best game against the Redskins was on Oct. 8, 2006, in a 19-3 win. He completed 23-of-33 passes for 256 yards and one touchdown.

So start Smith unless it's really windy and crappy in Philly on Sunday afternoon...

If Michael Turner doesn't play this weekend, I think you have to start Jason Snelling. He's been getting goalline carries, and Atlanta probably won't be able to throw the ball well vs. the Jets' pass defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended with something like 4 catches, 80 total yards and a TD if Turner doesn't suit up. As for who to bench of your options, I'd probably bench Kevin Faulk.

And lastly, what to do about Reggie Bush vs Pierre Thomas... This is a tough call. Bush is really more of a WR in that offense, and last week was the first time he had scored a TD in quite a while. Something tells me Pierre Thomas is due, mainly because I have a hard time seeing Bush have back to back soild games. I lean slightly to playing Pierre over Bush, as Pierre should get the goalline carries and also gets some work in the passing game. I don't think Mike Bell's presence makes much difference unless the Saints get a big lead and look to run out the clock in the 2nd half.

Thanks for the great advise. I've been playing Alex most weeks and he's hit and miss. (as all quarterback are... except Drew Breese)

Last week I went with Pierre and it kicked me in the butt. The toughest part is I'm a Cowboys fan and it's going to be tough cheering for any NO player. lol I don't think the Cowboys would do ANYTHING if they did make the playoffs so it's not as big of a deal if they were playing better.

I pickedup Faulk thinking he might be a sleeper. Is he NE primary RB?

Thanks again...

I took some advice and picked-up RB Foster from the Houston. They were playing STL and everyone said pick him up quick. I dropped QB Chad from MIA and played Foster. Guess what? Foster ended up with -1.

You never know when you're making a good, bad or ugly trade.

Good luck to everyone.

I've already outscored my opponent and he's done, but I still have eli playing Monday night. Let's go Eli... I'd like to see 26+.

I took some advice and picked-up RB Foster from the Houston. They were playing STL and everyone said pick him up quick. I dropped QB Chad from MIA and played Foster. Guess what? Foster ended up with -1.

You never know when you're making a good, bad or ugly trade.

Good luck to everyone.

I've already outscored my opponent and he's done, but I still have eli playing Monday night. Let's go Eli... I'd like to see 26+.

You learned a VALUABLE (and maybe costly) lesson then....NEVER trust KUBIAK for his word on RBs , he is a Shanny disciple...enough said !!! :wacko: