[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendy - Foster - Jennings - Ganther? [ 2 out of 4 ]

Pistol

You have a similar problem as me. I would rule out Mendy, He's going up against one of the best run defenses in the packers.

so you have Jennings , foster, and Ganther left.

I would definately play Jennings, he's been named the starter against a sad run Def. at KC. Even if he splits some with Cribbs I think he will do great.

Foster is a risk, he could do great, or be a bust, and his coach could bench him if he has a fumble. hi risk reward with Foster.

Ganther is not going to split many runs with Cartwright so he will be the #1 runner, and Giants have some injurys on the def line and their safety is horrible. I would pick Jennings and Ganther.....or if your feeling lucky, Jennings and Foster. just my thoughts. goodluck

I agree that Mendenhall is the first guy you eliminate from consideration. His matchup vs. the Packers is real tough, and and he has tended to perform well against weak defenses and poorly against strong ones. You can make arguments for each of the other three --

Jennings is supposedly starting, looked good last week, and has an absolutely incredible matchup vs. the Chiefs. Time-sharing is an issue, but I can't see Harrision getting many carries unless Jennings flops early. I don't think they will have Cribbs carry too often (he's less than 100%, and they should be able to move the ball without him), and if he and Jennings are on the field together it could actually help Jennings (think of the Dolphins earlier this year with Ronnie at QB and Ricky at RB). Jennings definitely has the biggest upside. Of course, it is possible Mangini will decide to start Harrison and sprinkle in Cribbs, but after last week I don't see why he would do that.

Foster has been named the starter, but Houston is still a pass-first team, which limits his upside. And while he could certainly pull off a 120 yard 2-TD performance, he is still going to be sharing carries. Even if the Texans go up big on the Rams, I see them throwing the ball as opposed to going into full ball-control kill the clock mode. And Houston is very unreliable as far as who they will use when.

Ganther's biggest plus is he is clearly the Redskins main guy -- he plays all downs (caught a nice 40-yard screen) last week and is the goalline guy (and the Redskins are the type of team that WILL try to run it in three times in a row from inside the two-yard-line). His biggest minus is that he has a pretty tough matchup too -- the Giants do not give up many rushing TD's. And from a pure rushing standpoint, Ganther didn't do that well last week, so I wouldn't expect him to break many long runs.

I am actually trying to decide between Jennings and Ganther for my flex -- I feel like Ganther is the safer play to get 6 or 7 points but Jennings has the bigger upside and honestly do NOT know who I am going to start. For what it's worth, I typically play it safe, and would tend to go with Ganther, but I am really leaning towards Jennings and a potential points explosion this week.