[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 16 (Super Bowl) Lineup Advice

Steelymcbeam

Well, I made it into the championship game of a money league beating the league’s regular season scoring leader yesterday. The guy I will be playing against just scored 175 points in a yahoo standard scoring league (120 is usually a pretty good week). We played head to head twice this year, splitting with 1 win each.

I tried to plan ahead for decent matchups and I think I did ok. I am curious what you guys think of the lineups and if you can recommend me switching anything.

Scoring: Default Yahoo.

Yardage: 1 point for 10, 1 for 20 passing

TDs: 6, 4 for passing

Non-PPR

No return yardage/tds for special teams.

My Lineup:

QB: Brees (TB)

WR(3): Wayne (NYJ), Ochocinco (KC), B. Marshall (PHI), D. Mason (PIT), D. Bowe (CIN) Possible Waiver:Crabtree is avail

RB(2): Gore (DET), R. Williams (HOU), P. Thomas (TB), B. Wells (StL)

TE: Gates (TEN) Possible Waiver: J. Finley (SEA) opponent has A. Rodgers at QB, F. Davis is also avail

K: Gostkowski (JAC) Possible Waiver: Bironas (TEN vs SD)

DEF: Ari (StL)

Opponent:

QB: Rodgers (SEA)

WR(3): Jennings (SEA), VJax (TEN), Ward (BAL), TO (ATL), Megatron (SF)

RB(2): MJD (NE), Charles (CIN), Benson (KC), McCoy (DEN), M. Turner (BUF)

TE: Clark (NYJ)

K: Kaeding (TEN)

DEF: NO (TB)

A few questions:

1.) What do you guys think about my lineup? What are my weak points? Strengths? Any changes you would suggest?

- I see B. Marshall’s matchup as a weak point, but can you really sit him the way he’s been playing?

- I see Wayne’s matchup vs Revis as a weak point, but same as Marshall. Isn’t it against the law to sit Wayne?

- The problem with both of these is that waiver wire for WR is very thin.

Strengths: My RB matchup (Gore vs DET & Ricky vs HOU)

2.) What about my possible waiver pickups at TE and K, worth it? stupid?

Hard to sit Gates, but my thoughts are that Finley has scored every week since returning form injury hoping he can steal some points off of Rodgers. Good idea? bad idea?

As for kickers, Bironas has pulled in double digits nearly every game this year. Plus, it would be battle of the kickers in SD vs TEN.

3.) Who would you predict to win?

Thanks all and good luck with your championships if you made it.

Reply and leave a link for your question and I’ll be sure to return the favor.

I think your team looks pretty darn good. Majority of your matchups are great besides the wayne vs Revis. But i still think he will get you 10-15 fantasy points, I say you dont pick up any players and go with what you got.

I think you should be favored to win next week. Good luck and thanks for the advice. I dont want to sit rice at all, but Wells has a matchup against STL.