[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Harvin Replacement?

Man, this is starting to get ridiculous. Every week now it seems that Harvin is questionable AND has a night game, making him an even bigger gamble.

This week is no different, after he recently revealed that he's going in to have them look at bulging discs swelling in his neck, which could be related to the migraines. Obviously, the Huddle isn't any more optimisitic about his status than I am, since they don't even have him included on their projections this week.

This is a semifinal game in PPR, and considering that the other guy has a solid team that's going to get it's points, I really just need someone who's not going to put up a 0 for my WR3. I'm not looking for any big upside, just the safest play for catches and decent yards (this is why I didn't include options like Donny Avery). A TD would just be a bonus, but I'm not counting on it here. So here's what I've got to choose from on my bench and the WW:

Floyd @ TEN

Coles vs. KC

Wallace @ BAL

Bennett vs. MIN

If I was looking for big upside, and wasn't worried about a potential zero, I might be looking towards Coles (being the highest projected and most likely to score), but as a safe play it's hard to not consider Floyd, who's been a consistently decent PPR option, with catches and over 50 yards in his last 6. Both go up against awful defenses, so I think it's probably down to these two guys.

Anybody make an argument for any one of these guys as a safer pick for catches and yards (and maybe even a score)?

Man, this is starting to get ridiculous. Every week now it seems that Harvin is questionable AND has a night game, making him an even bigger gamble.

This week is no different, after he recently revealed that he's going in to have them look at bulging discs swelling in his neck, which could be related to the migraines. Obviously, the Huddle isn't any more optimisitic about his status than I am, since they don't even have him included on their projections this week.

This is a semifinal game in PPR, and considering that the other guy has a solid team that's going to get it's points, I really just need someone who's not going to put up a 0 for my WR3. I'm not looking for any big upside, just the safest play for catches and decent yards (this is why I didn't include options like Donny Avery). A TD would just be a bonus, but I'm not counting on it here. So here's what I've got to choose from on my bench and the WW:

Floyd @ TEN

Coles vs. KC

Wallace @ BAL

Bennett vs. MIN

If I was looking for big upside, and wasn't worried about a potential zero, I might be looking towards Coles (being the highest projected and most likely to score), but as a safe play it's hard to not consider Floyd, who's been a consistently decent PPR option, with catches and over 50 yards in his last 6. Both go up against awful defenses, so I think it's probably down to these two guys.

Anybody make an argument for any one of these guys as a safer pick for catches and yards (and maybe even a score)?

Sorry, new to this....I have Harvin as well in my league and it sounds like he is going to get more action (hopefully). I have to watch the picture as well. Good luck.

Edited by fins22

Sorry, new to this....I have Harvin as well in my league and it sounds like he is going to get more action (hopefully). I have to watch the picture as well. Good luck

What makes you think he will get more action? According to the reports, it sounds like the complete opposite. With all due respect, did you even read my question??

I'm hoping for him to play, but preparing for him not to, especially with the uncertainty of having the night game. My question is, who is the safest replacement?

Edited by delusions of granduer

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat me with a stick. On Rotowire earlier today, it stated he was going to have a full week of practice and is likely to see more action. Just going by what I read....I know different publications say different things, just giving my opinion (guess that's what you were asking for) on what info I had avaiable at the time. Sorry to offend you. And, by the way, probably Wallace, even though it is against the Ravens.

Edited by fins22

And, by the way, probably Wallace, even though it is against the Ravens.

By the way?? That's all I was asking in the first place. Thank you.

Not trying to be rude, but I wasn't asking about Harvin. We'll see what happens with him. I was asking who to pick up in case he can't go. Any reason why you think Wallace is a safer pick, even though he's been boom-or bust, and has the one of the worst matchups out of all of them?

Its just one of those hunch things....can't really give you much stats that will back it up. He has the most potential of scoring and a bigger threat, that is why I pick him. Plus, Steelers will need to throw. Floyd is probably the safest pick IMO, but hasn't found the endzone but once this year. That is usually saved for Gates and Jackson, with LT around the goal line. The other two are question marks regarding performance as well. I just think Wallace has the most potential to break one big (even though it is the Ravens) over the other ones.

Thanks for the opinion with my question.

Wallace is probably fairly safe as the last poster said. He's been getting better every game and Ben looks at him deep at least once a game with Wallace wide open usually, but Ben throws a pretty horrible deep ball and I think he can abuse BALs beat up secondary (especially if Reed is out), but just some FYI, he has a hip injury that is keepin him out of early practices this week...unsure how it will affect him come Sunday.