[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haiti

muck

Lots of bickering over in the other thread.

I thought I'd start this one with a question.

Does anyone here have any direct family members or close friends in Haiti right now?

I do.

On Tuesday, before the aftershock, a good friend of mine left his wife and three daughters here to go help try to rebuild some orphanages and provide aid. I have no idea if he's ok or not.

Then, a friend of my parents have two daughters in Haiti when the first quake hit; the older of the two was supposed to be finalizing the paperwork on her adoption for a little Haitian boy. I have no idea if they are ok or not.

ETA: Today, I just received a notice that my doctor is heading to Haiti to help with the orphans, too.

Edited by muck

On Tuesday, before the aftershock, a good friend of mine left his wife and three daughters here to go help try to rebuild some orphanages and provide aid. I have no idea if he's ok or not.

Found out last night that my friend hadn't gotten all the way to Haiti when the aftershock hit; he was still in the DR.