[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For MFL League's Using the "Template" Feature

kpholmes

From MFL:

Submenus + Skins = Templates

We’ve recently added two new features to the site:

1. Secondary vertical and horizontal submenus, which offer quicker and easier access to key league functionality on all league pages.

2. Three new skins available on the “Select A Skin” page: All-American, Blue and SuperLeague

Together, these options allow you to basically have template-like menus on any skin, plus, skins that looked like the “templates” we offered in 2008 and prior seasons. In a nutshell – you can have the best of both worlds – have your page appearance set up using any skin you’d like, plus, have the vertical and horizontal submenus that were previously available only via templates.

With these changes, templates are effectively obsolete, so effective immediately, we’re “deprecating” templates. That means, if your league does not currently use a template, you cannot start using one now, but leagues that currently use them will be able to continue using them, at least for the 2009 season. Our current plans are to completely retire the “template” idea for the 2010 season.

As always, please submit a support ticket to us if you have any questions about these enhancements.

I stumbled upon this as I was playing with my league's appearance. When I was looking through skins and went to change back to my league's template, the option was gone.

You can still utilize the top/side menus, but without the template you lose some backgrounds and borders you'll have to use some CSS to restore.

Edited by kpholmes