[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i need to get out of chicago

dmarc117

I IS ridiculously low . . but that is completely contradictory to dmarc assertions that it is all because of the Dems.

Well, dmarc blames the Dems and then posts something about being all sad because services are being discontinued.

He's talking out of both sides of his mouth and not making sense out of either.

I just looked up FIB. Awesome.

And if weren't for FIB's Sconny would be a wasteland on a 3rd world income.

As far as Chi is concerned:

I wouldn't live there if you paid me to. I live 35 miles west and all is fine here. Not that we in DuPage county evade the the state's BS, but I love where I live.

Great neighbors, peaceful area, with decent schools.My daughter loves the city, but she is young and a burb bigot..

No other comment, but if people don't like living here....MOVE!

I prolly never will.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...0,1054254.story

If the state's chronic employee pension problems aren't bad enough, a new report says that every Chicago resident is on the hook for 444 percent more in unfunded retirement pledges to public workers than a decade ago.

The watchdog Civic Federation said Monday that the funding deficit for the 10 largest Chicago-area public pension funds soared from $3.4 billion in 1998 to $18.5 billion in 2008, the last year for which figures are available.

:wacko:

Pensions really are an anachronism that should be rapidly phased out. The alternative is eventual default.

the current ones are constitutionally safe here in illinois. does this mean that govt jobs are no longer going to be the gravy train? i see a battle between unions and taxpayers coming to a head soon. strikes, slow downs, etc.

the current ones are constitutionally safe here in illinois. does this mean that govt jobs are no longer going to be the gravy train? i see a battle between unions and taxpayers coming to a head soon. strikes, slow downs, etc.

Agreed. Esp with schoo districts rapidly running out of money from the state . . it will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Not to mention how Mayor Daley panders to unions while cutting all non union employees . .