[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1.01 for Crabtree

kskid

I have the 1.01 rookie pick this year and I have been offered Crabtree for it. The league is PPR, 1 point for 10 yards and 6 for TDs. With my roster I am almost guaranteed to take Bryant at 1.01, so this basically comes down to Crabtree vs. Bryant. Which would you rather have? Thanks

good question. Seems like Crabtree has proven that he can play in the NFL. I know many think that if they were both rookies about to enter the draft that Dez has more upside, but since Crabtree took off camp, pre-season and came into the season late and put up those numbers, imo, I'd want the 1.01 and something like the 1.06 to move Crabtree.

When I saw Crabtree for 1.01 and your name Opie, I swore this was your thread, wondering if you should make a deal with me.... :wacko:

I also think it might be risky not knowing where Bryant will end up, and Crabtree solidifying himself lately as the "go-to" reciever there, but after the things I've heard about Bryant, I don't disagree that he could have alot more upside if he goes to the right place.... Depends on whether your sold on Crabtree, and willing to take the gamble, but either way, Opie's right that you could probably do a little better right now with less questions surrounding Crabtree.

Edited by delusions of granduer

I posted and said, "damn, DoG's gonna see this thread!" :wacko:

(he and I are in the same dynasty. He has Crabtree, I have 1.01.)

Where Dez goes is very important, but he's still unproven. I actually like him in Miami cuz I think Henne is a much better QB than most think and Dez would immediately be the #1.

I'm still torn, but I wouldn't give up more than the 1.01 for Crabtree and even then, I might not give up the 1.01 straight up. Conversely, I would want more for Crabtree than the 1.01. Seems like a case of "the grass is NOT greener."

No doubt I thought this was you... Was wondering, "how does he think I won't see this?"

Damn, you confused me too with your shifty ways ... Didn't realize that he was talking about getting Crabtree for the #1 pick... Now that I think about it from the other side, I'm not sure I'd want to do that either, even though Crabtree might be a bit safer, but you'd be giving up the potential upside...

I dunno, guess I'm no big help here...

Edited by delusions of granduer

A lot of assumptions here, but:

- assuming SFO in general continues to improve towards becoming a playoff caliber team ...

- assuming Alex Smith continues to evolve into more than just a "viable" NFL QB ...

- assuming Gore has at least a couple more seasons in him to give SFO a solid running game ...

- assuming that the flashes we saw from Crabtree during the 2nd half of last season represent the "real" Crabtree ...

- assuming that V. Davis does not regress into the "old" version of Davis ...

... it would seem that all the stars & planets are at least starting to align properly for Crabtree to have a very nice NFL career ... not to say that Bryant can't or won't be better, or that Crabtree will in fact end up being "all that", but at least we've actually seen that Crabtree has the goods needed to perform at the NFL level ... and it at least appears that he is or could be in a pretty favorable situation in SFO ... as has been mentioned, a large unknown with Bryant is what team situation he will end up in ... I mean, what happens to his presumed fantasy value if he somehow ends up in CLE or something?

In any event, if I had to choose today between Crabtree & Bryant, I'd take Crabtree ... FWIW.

I would take Crabtree over Dez right now.

Maybe after the 2010 season, Crabtree = Dez.

Maybe after 2011, Crabtree < Dez. Big maybe though. I'm a niners fan, so I'll stick with Crabtree.

If I was a big big Chargers fan, and they landed Ryan Mathews or Spiller, and I was short at RB, I'd consider trading Crabtree for the 1.1 pick.

By the way, the ESPN just greatly devalued that 1.01 pick by posting the unholyest of unholy words:

Oakland Raiders looking to draft WR Bryant

Of course we always have to take the EPSN rumors with a grain of salt, the mere thought of it would cause me to sit back & wait until after the draft to deal for that pick.

Keep Crabtree!