[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honoring the wishes of a dying man

muck

What would you do?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Cousin died. One of his final wishes was for his wife to not sell his torn-apart 1967 Mustang and pay the $$ to get it rebuilt for his currently 4yr old son for when he turns 16.

• Yes, pay the $$ to have it rebuilt and stored for the next 12yrs
    • No, a single working mother does not need to spend $$ or time dealing with this, even though it was her dying husbands wish for his son
    • Other

My cousin did set aside a bunch of cash to pay for it, but I know that if his wife could use that $ for other stuff, it would be helpful. He had no life insurance, but it appears they did have a bit of savings (but not much) outside of the cash he squirrelled away for the car.

That's the driving info there. If she/they can somehow afford it, esp by spreading the cost around, hell yeah they should if they can. But if it's the diff between paying the bills or not, or having enough to retire or not, no, sorry cuz, aint happening and if he was any kind of reasonable/decent person, I suspect he'd understand.

Also I like rc's idea. This isn't an all-or-nothing. If they can just afford to keep it and do whatever they can, in all that time give the car w/whatever has been done to the kid. Heck even long before he's 16 he might be able to do this or that, a sort of hobby/tribute to dad.