[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mason and McGahee

Seems like a small thing, but I have an 'opportunity' to trade for him.

We have a salary cap of 75000 in our dynasty league.

Mason is costing a guy $9000 and he wants to get rid of him since he has no cap room.

I've got a pretty solid roster:

PManning

Peterson

McFadden

Addai

Westbrook

Wayne

SRice

Breaston

Massaqui

Holmes

McGahee - maybe

VDavis -TE

RavensD

Hartley

plus scraps

I won last year and am likely a favorite again.

But I've got a chance to add Mason since my cap situation is OK. It would hurt, but do you think Mason would be a worthy addition for this coming season. I'd likely only have to give up a 3rd rounder from rookie draft (3-12) since he just wants the salary dump. I might be able to request a couple thousand back in the trade.

The other question is whether to resign McGahee at $10000. That's pretty pricey. I'll get to add the 1.6 draft pick, so a rookie RB of some ilk. But my RB situation isn't a clean.

Currently I have spent $53000 out of the $75000.

I opted to sign McGahee against everyone's better judgment and I left Mason alone. I ended up getting Housh for my 2-12.

People aren't giving up much for players now, but I think once the realization of the season is upon us, guys will hork over more for a player like McGahee even at his high salary. If I can gather some picks next year, I could move up in that draft. I hate just giving guys away, so I couldn't let McGahee walk for nothing.

I also traded my 1-12 for Barber. I didn't love any rookies at this point and I already drafted BTate with the 1-6. I figure I'll get one solid point getter for the bye weeks from Barber and McGahee.