[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Cost of Freedom?

i_am_the_swammi

Good thing that the amount of illegals has dropped signifiacntly in the last 2 years! Oh wait . . that doesnt support your theory. :wacko:

Perch, you are bitching about a union cancelling its convention. THAT is you being all political again.

Arizona cant deport, so by passing a political bill like this that they cant enforce to the final conclusion (deportation) is pissing in the wind.

If you havent noticed, I agree with you on border control and the need for reform. You complain about a union cancelling as a specific talking point. If Arizona is too dumb to know that its biggest industry is TOURISM and they either didnt think or didnt care that they might see decreased bookings as a result of this bill, then they are dumb as a box of rocks.

I wish it was about the NRA cancelling a convention . . . your head might have exploded trying to complain and justify it all at the same time.

You gotta think, though, illegals cost the state $2.7 billion per year. Something in me doubts that the revenue lost due to this law will equal that, considering the total tax revenue from Tourism was 1.4 billion in 2009. I could be wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see.

You gotta think, though, illegals cost the state $2.7 billion per year. Something in me doubts that the revenue lost due to this law will equal that, considering the total tax revenue from Tourism was 1.4 billion in 2009. I could be wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Considering that non-illegal hispanics are leaving the state too, makes me think that they really didnt think this one all the way through.

But if it spurs the fedgov to action, then good for Arizona taking the bullet for the rest of us.