[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The New Republic

Azazello1313

I don't know why the author feels it's Washington vs Islam. And he says the title of your thread, but he doesn't really explain or give any examples as to why. So he feels that since Obama is too nice to people in the Middle East that it makes it worse for us than when Bush help make the target on our head even bigger?

I don't know why the author feels it's Washington vs Islam. And he says the title of your thread, but he doesn't really explain or give any examples as to why.

sure he does:

President Bush’s public use of the term ("Islamofacism") one time provoked considerable debate in the West and in the Middle East. Mr. Bush’s more adamant embrace of democracy-exporting rhetoric provoked even more discussion. Such controversy was all for the best. Muslim-versus-Muslim debate is always more robust when the West, especially the United States, is also actively engaged in the discussion. Whether the invidious subject is slavery, female genital mutilation, Sharia’s draconian corporal punishments (hudud laws), women’s rights, corruption, jihadism, “oriental despotism,” or representative government, intra-Muslim ethical deliberations on most of these subjects have been provoked by Westerners and Westernized Muslims taking issue with prevailing practices.

I don't know why the author feels it's Washington vs Islam. And he says the title of your thread, but he doesn't really explain or give any examples as to why. So he feels that since Obama is too nice to people in the Middle East that it makes it worse for us than when Bush help make the target on our head even bigger?

Yeah, but it's kind of like this. When you go down to the bad side of town, you can be as nice as you want to the bad guys. They're still going to bust your head anyway. It's just what they do. You probably need to pack some heat just in case, or better yet stay away from that neighborhood. But, oh. Wait a minute. We are hooked on their crack. Hmmm. I guess they will be nice to us as long as we keep buying.

Yeah, but it's kind of like this. When you go down to the bad side of town, you can be as nice as you want to the bad guys. They're still going to bust your head anyway. It's just what they do. You probably need to pack some heat just in case, or better yet stay away from that neighborhood. But, oh. Wait a minute. We are hooked on their crack. Hmmm. I guess they will be nice to us as long as we keep buying.

Oh, wait a minute, I get it now. We are about to shut down all the crack dealers here in our own neighborhood, so we are being extra special nice to the crack dealers on the wrong side of town. So they won't cut us off. Nah, probably just another wild conspiracy theory...

I've always thought this is an appropriate description but why is it so hard for people to spell the damn thing? It's IslamofaScism, for Allah's sake.

that was me, adding the parenthetical so the part I quoted made sense in context. so sorry my haphazard typing offends you :wacko:

I read it in full. Nobody thought the term islamofascism (or however Ursa spells it) was through provoking. A lot of people found it ironic.

I think the atricle overrsimplifies the relationship between the United States and the arab devils.