[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Computer Guru's. Show off and tell me how...

Skippy

If you want to copy files on a regular basis from one folder to another, then I suggest you use Microsoft's free tool SyncToy. You can get it for free at Microsoft's site. It's very easy to use.

electricrelish - I checked it out and it is a neat easy to use program but it is still something that you need to start up and run. Probably not a big deal for most but I just want something that will do it automaticly and I will never have to think about it. A good copy is there resting on a backup drive just in case. That line works perfect.

I have never been so completely and utterly confused in my entire life.

SEC - it is just old DOS commands that you type into a text file. After you have it in the text file. You name that file copy.txt or whatever you like. You then change the name of the file from copy.txt to copy.bat and you have made a batch file. Put that file someplace and then open up the "scheduled task" program that is in your Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Scheduled Task. Once there click on the Add Scheduled Task and browse to your batch file. Tell it when and how often to run and you are done. Just make sure you have the destination file on the second drive set up and typed into that original comman line of your batch file.

Very easy and for most of us a great way to protect your files.

SEC - it is just old DOS commands that you type into a text file. After you have it in the text file. You name that file copy.txt or whatever you like. You then change the name of the file from copy.txt to copy.bat and you have made a batch file. Put that file someplace and then open up the "scheduled task" program that is in your Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Scheduled Task. Once there click on the Add Scheduled Task and browse to your batch file. Tell it when and how often to run and you are done. Just make sure you have the destination file on the second drive set up and typed into that original comman line of your batch file.

Now you've completely addled what passes for his brain.