[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice NON PPR

There are 12 teams with 16 players per roster in my NON PPR league.

Scoring is as follows.

Passing 1 pt. per 30 yards passing. 6 pts. per passing TD.

Rushing 1 pt. per 15 yards rushing. 6 pts. per rushing TD.

Receiving 1 pt. per 10 yards receiving. 6 pt. per receiving TD.

Lineup requirements are as follows.

QB

WR

WR

RB

RB

TE

W/T

W/R

K

Team DEF

Last season we collectively agreed to transition our local redraft league into a 3 player keeper. Stipulations on selecting keepers was set based on where players were drafted. The rule is any player that was drafted in the first 2 rounds last year are unkeepable, and any other player that we chose to keep we must give up the pick 2 rounds ahead of where said player was previously drafted. In other words if I were to keep a player I drafted in the third round last year then this year I lose my first round pick.

Now to the question at hand. I consider my self somewhat fortunate in that I have a couples of players I know are no brainer keepers. I am planning to keep RB-Rashard Mendenhall for my 7th and RB-Shonn Greene for my 10th. But my issue is what to do with that third keeper option. My most likely candidates are as follows.

RB-Jerome Harrison for my 9th round pick.

WR-Hakeem Nicks for my 13th round pick.

WR-Pierre Garcon for my 13th round pick.

I'm leaning toward Nicks at this point but an argument could be made for any of these guys based on my scoring and lineup requirements.

Here's a quick list of the players that CAN'T be kept that were drafted in the first 2 rounds last year.

QB-Peyton Manning, QB-Tom Brady, QB-Drew Brees, RB-Adrian Peterson, RB- Maurice Jones-Drew, RB-Matt Forte, RB-Michael Turner, RB-Clinton Portis, RB-Brian Westbrook, RB-Chris Johnson, RB-DeAngelo Williams, RB-Brandon Jacobs, RB-Steven Jackson, RB-LaDainian Tomlinson, RB-Ryan Grant, RB-Steve Slaton, WR-Larry Fitzgerald, WR-Andre Johnson, WR-Randy Moss, WR-Reggie Wayne, WR-Greg Jennings, WR-Calvin Johnson, WR-Steve Smith(CAR), WR-Anquan Boldin

Also if it helps here's all the players selected in the 3rd round that may or may not be kept.

QB-Aaron Rodgers, QB-Kurt Warner, QB-Philip Rivers, RB-Frank Gore, RB-Marion Barber, RB-Pierre Thomas, RB-Ronnie Brown, RB-Joseph Addai, WR-Roddy White, WR-Terrell Owens, WR-Marques Colston, WR-Dwayne Bowe

So if you were in my shoes where would you go with that 3rd keeper option? Do I roll the dice on Harrison hoping he can hold off Hardesty, allowing me to chase a higher grade WR or even a premier QB? Or do I just secure one of Nicks or Garcon and look to a land a stronger 3rd RB? And if I do go with a WR keeper is there any reason I should go with Garcon over Nicks?

Oh yeah, almost forgot to tell you that we have to make our keeper decisions prior to drawing our upcoming draft positions out of a hat. So I don't have the luxury of knowing if one of the premier RBs will be available when I draft. Any help you guys can provide would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think you are solid enough at RB to put Harrison back in the mix.

I think Garcon is a better reciever than Nicks but with Wayne, Collie, Gonzalez and Clark in the mix, I think Nicks is in a better fantasy spot.

Good luck.