[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson Trade Value

xmwave

Currently i have many top players on my team but i can only keep three. This is an auction draft with no carry over penalty. Some one is offering me

Andre Johnson for 42.00

40.00 QB Peyton Manning, Ind QB

22.00 WR Roddy White, Atl WR

60.00 RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB

$$

40.00 QB Peyton Manning, Ind QB

60.00 RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB

38.00 RB Frank Gore, SF RB

1.00 RB/WR Shonn Greene, NYJ RB

19.00 WR Marques Colston, NO WR

22.00 WR Roddy White, Atl WR

10.00 WR Jay Cutler, Chi QB

Rules:

Scoring Type Head to Head Points / PPR

What would be a fair trade for this player. I worry that if i make the trade i am in the end making the other team stronger and my self weaker. As it sits right now i would keep MJD, Frank Gore, Shone Green.

I really do want this player as i have many top player that i feel i could keep and still be with in the 100.00 i am willing to spend on my keepers.

What do you think?

thank you

Edited by xmwave

I don't see what Johnson does for you. Sure, he's a starter, but then you are giving up a starter to keep. There's no way you trade Greene @$1 so you're either looking at vacating MJD or Gore. These are two no-brainer top 5 ADP (just like Johnson) guys and trading one just means you are in the same position of having to get "a starter" it's just now at RB instead of WR - arguable a much harder proposition. You could make a case for trading MJD for Johnson, thus saving you $18, but I'm not sure that's worth it.

I think the only thing you look for in trade talks is the super bargain. Brandon Marshall for $15, or Cedric Benson for $10, or something like that. That's compelling - taking maybe a small to moderate hit on production but getting a ton of draft dollars back to be competitive on 3-4 other mid-level talents that could blossom.

Hard to give advice on leagues like this but I'll give it a shot.

First of all, can you start 3 RBs? If so, is MJD a good value @ $60? If yes to these two question, I would stop right there and stick with those three. Seems to me Gore and Greene are great value and you would be able to place some good bids on those same WRs you would be throwing back - White & Colston.

If you can start only 2 RBs, then I would pull the trigger. Consider you would be willing to spend $99 on the three RBs, I could see you making the trade and keeping MJD, Greene, and AJ for $103. Gore is a great value but since this is a PPR, I think MJD holds more value.

Either way, if you can only start 2 RBs, I'd be very happy with Gore, Greene, AJ or MJD, Greene, and AJ. Heck, if you can afford MJD, Gore, and AJ and fill in your team with whatever $ you have left over, that would be an awesome triangle offense. You'd be like the Miami Heat. Who cares what you have to fill in with those three players...

And finally, who cares if you make the other team stronger. The idea in any trade if it is a good trade is that both teams should get stronger. But if you think you are making your team weaker... then don't do the deal.