[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Avg Auction Values - 16 Team League

The Wolf

My local expanded to a 16 team league this off season. I am looking for an AAV sheet but can only find for 12 team leagues. Anyone know where I can find a 16 teamer or one that is customizable to a 16 teamer?

Thanks in advance!

i know FFtoolbox has an auction value chart, but idk about any other sites

protip: the # of teams doesn't make a difference

I appreciate the response but disagree on the protip you offered. Can you elaborate? I will do the same once you have clarified your opinion. Thanks!!

I think more teams (we've been 12 teams for 15 years) places a premium on the upper level players...therefore making them more expensive. Example: top RB's go for $140 to $160 in this league (12 teams, 13 roster spots, $300 cap). I believe that adding 4 more teams to the mix will make that RB go for almost $200.

SO...perhaps there will be more value to be found for the teams that hold their $$$ later on in the auction.

SO...perhaps there will be more value to be found for the teams that hold their $$$ later on in the auction.

you have a $300 cap? no wonder players go for high prices. that's too much for a cap. but think about it: the more players pay for top players, the less they have for others. i think that in deep leagues, you have to determine your own auction values

well, the # of teams in the league doesn't affect the value of the players i dont believe. just use the normal auction values and change it based on how much other teams bid

RBs and QBs take on added value in 16 team leagues. I've never played in an auction league that large but the basic dynamics are still the same.

There are only 32 starting RBs in the NFL and probably 40 starting on league rosters each week. Teams with a deep pool of RBs do well. QBs are possibly even more vaulable. You really must get a top 16 QB since there won't be anything on waivers. If you don't go for a good QB you will need to select 2 mid level QBs which can devistate your depth at the other need position in a 16 team league, RB. The good news is you can wait until after the draft to take your QB2, he will be the one sitting on the bench behind your QB1 since the backup on a high powered offense will always be better than Jake Delhomme.

Edited by lb3