[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Trade Help

jnall1

Hello,

I currently play in a 14 team standard league with standard scoring (4pts passing TD, 6pts all other TDs)- no keepers....not sure if that matters....

I have the overall #4 pick, and have been offered this trade:

I receive: 3rd round (#39 overall) and 6th round (#74 overall)

I give up: 4th round (#53 overall) and 5th round (#60 overall)

Should I make this trade?

I ssume that means you retain your current 3rd round and well as the overall 39th? Also, is this a redraft and or a snake draft?

Yes, I would then have 2 3rd-rounders. This is a redraft where all players are back in the pool and a snake draft.....

IMO, this is a no-brainer then... You're basically moving up 14 spots from your 4th, and only losing the same amount (14 spots) from your fifth. Because higher picks are always worth more than lower round picks, you are definitely getting a good deal by only dropping back an equal amount of spots in return.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Ok I accepted that trade.....now here is my next thought:

Allow one of the players towards the end of the draft (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) slot to move up.

So I was offering the #4 pick for their first rounder....now what should I request as well?

I now have the:

and so on...

which is no 4th or no 5th rounder

Should I offer, for example the #4 and #81 pick for the #9 and #37? Do you think that is totally unfair/should I target their 2nd round pick, or what? Sorry about the questions, this is just my first year trading draft picks.

Ok I accepted that trade.....now here is my next thought:

Allow one of the players towards the end of the draft (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) slot to move up.

So I was offering the #4 pick for their first rounder....now what should I request as well?

I now have the:

and so on...

which is no 4th or no 5th rounder

Should I offer, for example the #4 and #81 pick for the #9 and #37? Do you think that is totally unfair/should I target their 2nd round pick, or what? Sorry about the questions, this is just my first year trading draft picks.

Stick with what you got.

Picking from the 4th is one of my favorite drafts spots this year, because you land one of the top 4 RB, and still have an early enough 2nd rounder to pick up a potential top WR or BPA. I wouldn't push your luck by going around asking for more high picks, when you should already have a leg up on the league with those picks.

JMO though, since if you can pull off another great deal, I guess I can't tell you not to, but I just kind of feel like it's bad form, unless you truly don't value the 4th pick that much.

Stick with what you got.

Picking from the 4th is one of my favorite drafts spots this year, because you land one of the top 4 RB, and still have an early enough 2nd rounder to pick up a potential top WR or BPA. I wouldn't push your luck by going around asking for more high picks, when you should already have a leg up on the league with those picks.

JMO though, since if you can pull off another great deal, I guess I can't tell you not to, but I just kind of feel like it's bad form, unless you truly don't value the 4th pick that much.

Thanks very much.....im not sure what I'd be able to get, but I was thinking about flopping the #4 and #9 spot, and then asking for his 3rd round and giving up one of my 6ths. Would you do that trade (from my point of view) or just forget about it and stay put?