[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock Drafts

Scorcher

Thanks to good posts on this sight I have been participating in mock drafts for the first time. I 've learned that the validity of the mock draft really depends on who is drafting with you. I've seen defenses picked in the 5th round which I thought was a real bad move. My question: If you are in a keeper league (2) do you start looking at the 3rd round to see how things are going as it relates to you? How much value do you palce on the 1st 2 rounds if you are already sure of your keepers?

It's going to be kind of difficult for a mock to give you accurate results, particularly in your situation. It all depends on who the others are keeping, since it has direct influence on not only who is available there, but also what needs the other teams have already filled.

Of course this might not be the easiest thing to analyze until keepers are declared, but you can make reasonable assumptions on who they might be, and at least be able to see the pool that should be available with your third (first) pick. How early you pick will also be a consideration in who should be available.

Mocks are typically alot more useful when it comes to the later rounds (after the first 4), when you can see what target players tend to be hanging around and what positions run dry quick, but as for determining your strategy for the first 4 picks, it has even more to do with being flexible with the flow of the draft, and getting a good idea of who your leaguemates are likely to keep/draft.

That will help you much more than relying on what a group of strangers with different setups/lineup requirements, etc. are doing.

Edited by delusions of granduer

It's going to be kind of difficult for a mock to give you accurate results, particularly in your situation. It all depends on who the others are keeping, since it has direct influence on not only who is available there, but also what needs the other teams have already filled.

Of course this might not be the easiest thing to analyze until keepers are declared, but you can make reasonable assumptions on who they might be, and at least be able to see the pool that should be available with your third (first) pick. How early you pick will also be a consideration in who should be available.

Mocks are typically alot more useful when it comes to the later rounds (after the first 4), when you can see what target players tend to be hanging around and what positions run dry quick, but as for determining your strategy for the first 4 picks, it has even more to do with being flexible with the flow of the draft, and getting a good idea of who your leaguemates are likely to keep/draft.

That will help you much more than relying on what a group of strangers with different setups/lineup requirements, etc. are doing.

Good insight. Thanks.