[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

little draft help

tomyo10

10 team league- traditional scoring.

I'm picking second. I'm thinking MJD with the pick, but with Favre coming back, ADP may have a big year again. Thoughts?

Also, we've decided to go with a defensive player this year. Similar scoring; point per tackle, 3 for a sack, etc. I'm thinking linebacker, but which round do I pull the trigger?

thanks- I'll hang up and listen.

If traditional scoring means no PPR, I think you have to take Peterson with the second pick.

If you have one IDP, yeah you are going to want to go linebacker.

I'd want one of the top 5, hard to say exactly when that's going to happen given its the first year you guys are instituting it...I'll leave the round to the IDP gurus around here, though I'm guessing they'd need to see starting requirements to assess...assuming we are talking about QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/IDP...I'd probably look to fill my core spots up till Flex, but maybe grab the LB before I fill my flex...and if I see one, two or three guys go pretty quick, I'd probably jump in to grab a top 5 guy as there is a bit of a drop off from my perspective after that.

Best of Luck,

WashD

If traditional scoring means no PPR, I think you have to take Peterson with the second pick.

If you have one IDP, yeah you are going to want to go linebacker.

I'd want one of the top 5, hard to say exactly when that's going to happen given its the first year you guys are instituting it...I'll leave the round to the IDP gurus around here, though I'm guessing they'd need to see starting requirements to assess...assuming we are talking about QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/IDP...I'd probably look to fill my core spots up till Flex, but maybe grab the LB before I fill my flex...and if I see one, two or three guys go pretty quick, I'd probably jump in to grab a top 5 guy as there is a bit of a drop off from my perspective after that.

Best of Luck,

WashD

Yep- QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/IDP... plus the team D. I was going to follow how others went with the IDP, but this is a new one for everyone in the league, so I thought I'd hit up people who have experience.

my other thought was to go with the core players before the QB because I know these guys in this league. They are gonna jump on the top 5 Q's before I get around to my second pick. After the top 5, the next 8 or so are all pretty similar.

Yea QB's like Flacco, Kolb, Ryan are going super late....I picked up Kolb in the middle of the 6th round in my 14 team league (I went RB, WR, WR, RB, TE, QB). I also had the #2 pick, grabbed AP, and then my league as well, fools, allowed me to pick two KILLER WR's in rounds 2 and 3 (R White, Jennings)

For IDP stuff, def check out http://monksidpweeknflfantasyfootball.blogspot.com/ . This guy is ALLLLL over the IDP stuff, and really in depth and great info....

I know Patrick Willis is a guy everyone is eyeing for LB stats, some are even reaching into the 6th-8th rounds to grab him. But yea check out the blog above...