[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Henne or Alex Smith?

VictorJ370

Recently I've finished my draft in a 12 team head to head league divided into two six team divisions. The league that I'm in allows you to start 2 QB's. The QB's that I drafted are:

Matt Schaub

Chad Henne

Alex Smith

Obviously out of those 3 QB's my number one QB is going to be Matt Schaub...the problem that I'm currently having is deciding who my number 2 QB is going to be for week 1. I know theres still a lot of time in the pre-season but I'd like to gather as much advice as possible to ensure I make the right choice on QBs. Week one for Henne has him matched up against Buffalo which is a good opportunity to generate a lot of points due to the current state of the bills defense (lets just say they're not the top D in the league) and his new number one target(Brandon Marshall). However Alex Smith also has a great opportunity to generate a lot of points due to the 49er's week one match up against the Seahawks. I'm favoring Henne as the 2nd starter, the only thing that is holding me back from a concrete decision is the Dolphins primary offensive strategy of utilizing the Wildcat. Now when I think of putting Smith in as my 2nd starter I have reservations due to the fact that the 49ers are primarily a run offense and Smith's routine of being garbage in the first few weeks of the season. Any suggestions or wisdom on this predicament? Anyone who responds, I thank you ahead of time.

-VJ

Without looking at other factors, if the Niners are playing the Seahawks on the road, I would start Henne, and, if the Niners are playing the Seahawks at home, I would start Smith.

Smith is on the road so your advise is Henne. So far I have one vote for Henne, one for Smith. Moar help plz. :wacko:

Thanks for the advice my friend, but why do you like Smith over Henne?

2nd year with the same O-coordinator, a solid ground game, stud TE, & stud WR (in the making). Call it a hunch...I just think Smith's due for a beakout year.

I like Henne over Smith in week one. Wildcat or not, I think Henne goes deep to Marshall and Hartline as they continue to baby along Ronnie Brown.

Alex Smith's biggest weapon is Vernon Davis (nothing against Crabtree) and Seattle has one of the most talented LB core in the league to cover him, as well as a first round safety. I expect a LOT of Frank Gore in that game, and less passing . .mainly because they shouldnt have to . .

I like Henne over Smith in week one. Wildcat or not, I think Henne goes deep to Marshall and Hartline as they continue to baby along Ronnie Brown.

Alex Smith's biggest weapon is Vernon Davis (nothing against Crabtree) and Seattle has one of the most talented LB core in the league to cover him, as well as a first round safety. I expect a LOT of Frank Gore in that game, and less passing . .mainly because they shouldnt have to . .

thank you all for your advice....I also forgot to mention that I have Frank Gore as my primary RB so Im thinking of starting Henne over Smith to offset relying on the 49er's offense of a majority of my points. Thanks again!

-VJ