[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Help

hwzdavu

I am in a 12 team keeper league. Each team gets to keep 2 players from the previous year. I am keeping Gore and Moss and am in a PPR league. Each TD is 6 points.

I also have the first round pick and used my best judgment on who each team will keep. Here is who I think will be some that are available. Which one would you pick up?

Ryan Mathews SD

Aaron Rodgers (This team has Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson, so not sure if he will keep Jackson or not)

Ryan Grant

Beanie Wells

Greg Jennings

Jamaal Charles

I am thinking it is a tossup between Mathews, Rodgers, and Grant.

What first round slot do you draft from (ie, pick #4, #8, #11, etc) and is it a snake draft (meaning if you have pick #11 in round 1 you get pick #2 in round 2)?

I'd also like to see the list of ALL the QBs that you expect to be kept by other teams. In general I'd tend to agree with H1 on passing on Rodgers, but am curious - if all the stars & planets align for you, is it possible that you could walk away from the end of round 2 with a core of (say) Gore, Moss, Charles or Grant & Rodgers as well, which might actually be the situation if (for example) you snag Rodgers at 1.11 and still have a chance to pick up Grant at 2.2?

What I'm driving at I guess, is that if you pass on Rodgers are you looking at getting your starting QB in round 6 or something, and it's Ryan or Eli or someone in their tier because other teams have retained for whatever reason all of the T1 & T2 QBs?

Everyone names their keepers, then I get #1 pick in round 1, then pick 12 in round 2, then pick 1 in round 3, so on and so forth. So it goes up and then back down. So my number #1 pick is very important because I won't make another pick for before the other 11 teams make 2 picks each. Then of course I make 2 picks, and so on.

The only two QBs that I think will be kept are Brees and Manning. I am just afraid by the time it gets back down to me, there will be no good QBs left. So I was planning on picking up Flacco or Kolb in a later round and hope they pan out.

THoughts?

Ok, given your draft position, I think I agree with H1 ... take Charles at 1.1 (or if you are leery of Charles & want a "safer" pick, take Grant ... but I personally prefer Charles' upside potential especially in a PPR league) unless maybe there is some studly WR (meaning better than Jennings) that you expect to be available that you've not listed above.

This means you will likely be looking at waiting until round 5 or 6 to draft your starting QB & will likely be taking someone in the Ryan, Flacco, Eli tier - unless you get a bit lucky and someone like Kolb or Cutler (if you like the latter) falls to you. Still, as long as you get decent value with your 2, 3 & 4 picks (you should be able to get 1 of the elite TEs if you want to, assuming the other teams will spend one of their early round picks on QBs), you should be ok taking this approach. Good luck.

Edited by ts

I re-ranked everyone using a recommended PPR cheat sheet and here would be the top guys available. Anyone jump out?

Aaron Rodgers

Marques Colston

DeSean Jackson

LeSean McCoy

Ryan Grant

Greg Jennings

Steve Smith

Jamaal Charles

Ryan Mathews

Dallas Clark

Knowshon Moreno

Sidney Rice