[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Different Draft Strategy, how did I do?

This is a standard, non PPR, league with a starting line up as follows:

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D/ST

Points are as follows:

QB: 1 pt every 25yds, 4pts per TD pass, 6pts per rushing/receiving TD

RB/WR/TD: 1 pt ever 10yds rush/rec, 6pts per rushing/receiving TD

I had the 3rd pick, and yes, I passed on MJD. Anyway, please provide feedback on my draft as you see fit.

QB: Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler

RB: Ray Rice, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno, Arian Foster, Lawrence Maroney

WR: Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Johnny Knox, and just picked up this morning, Bernard Berrian

TE: Dallas Clark

K: Matt Prater

D/ST: Philly

I decided to go RB, WR, WR, TE, RB when most of the top QB's surprisingly went in the first two rounds. However, I don't feel too bad having Flacco with his new weapons and Cutler with Martz as the OC.

I would appreciate your thoughts on my recent draft.

Best regards,

A man who's happy that football is back!!!!

IMO, you made a mistake by not taking MJD. Anyway, I think your biggest question mark is @ QB. I like Flacco...just don't expect hugh numbers from him. You might consider packaging Flacco & one of your RBs (other than Rice) & try to upgrade. Outside of White & Johnson, your WRs are a crapshoot. Overall, not bad. :wacko:

Yes, looking back, I may regret not taking MJD. Furthermore, if you saw how this draft went, your jaw would have dropped at how many of the quality QB's went off the board before my 2nd pick. Since having 2 quality WR's with my 2nd and 3rd picks, I felt that I could afford to attack other positions and not necessarily be too concerned with back up WR's, assuming all stay healthy.

I honestly think Flacco is going to be a monster this year with the addition of Boldin, Stalworth, and the rookie TE's. Couple that with his O-line and Ray Rice, and you got a super-sleeper QB waiting to burst. Just my opinion, however.

Thanks so much for your post buddahj.

Regards,

Chuck Norris 8

IMO, you made a mistake by not taking MJD. Anyway, I think your biggest question mark is @ QB. I like Flacco...just don't expect hugh numbers from him. You might consider packaging Flacco & one of your RBs (other than Rice) & try to upgrade. Outside of White & Johnson, your WRs are a crapshoot. Overall, not bad. :wacko:

A crap shoot?? lol Wow, a little harsh, you've got two of the guys with some of the best potential in Knox and Berrian. Now that Rice is out, Berrian will be the #1 guy in Minny. Seattle has a healthy Hass back, which can only mean good for TJ, who produced at a WR3 level last year. Santana Moss with Mcnabb is very capable of producing 1000 yards and 5-7 t'ds which is way better than you should expect from a reserve WR. You are FINE at Wr. Your RB dept is amazing, your TE is well, the best, You got good value at QB with 2 guys that you can play based on matchups, job well done IMO

A crap shoot?? lol Wow, a little harsh, you've got two of the guys with some of the best potential in Knox and Berrian. Now that Rice is out, Berrian will be the #1 guy in Minny. Seattle has a healthy Hass back, which can only mean good for TJ, who produced at a WR3 level last year. Santana Moss with Mcnabb is very capable of producing 1000 yards and 5-7 t'ds which is way better than you should expect from a reserve WR. You are FINE at Wr. Your RB dept is amazing, your TE is well, the best, You got good value at QB with 2 guys that you can play based on matchups, job well done IMO

All I'm saying is I'd like them more if this was a PPR league. Even with Mcnabb, I'm not sold on S. Moss. He seems to be a feast or famine kind of guy. A healthy Hass...until the 1st sack. The last time I checked, potential doesn't win championships. :wacko:

Thank you all for taking the time to post replies. I totally agree that potential doesn't win championships, but on paper, I think I'll give the league a run for the money!

I hope all your fantasy seasons go injury free and lead you all to the big game come week 16 or 17.