[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 Man Keeper - Draft suggestions

BearBroncos

Edit to add: It's a 12 man league. It's a standard scoring, non-PPR that is fairly QB friendly on the scoring in that we can start 2, but 4 points for TD and 1 point for every 25 yards.

Most everyone is keeping at least 1 QB with many keeping 2 QB's as their keepers. Me on the other hand, I'm keeping DWill, Greene, Wells, DJax and VDavis. I was going to draft a QB in the first round but now thinking maybe not. I thinking that everyone will be trying to grab up what RB's are left and or going high on receivers.

My thought on strategy is maybe to take another RB with my 1st pick, a top tier WR with the second and try to nab another high end TE with the 3rd and wait till late to draft a QB. All this to get crazy depth in my other positions for trade bait

My thoughts are that people are going to be fairly thin at the RB position while I'll have some pretty good depth. Having 2 high end TE's to trade one of them and a decent RB like PT to bait a trade maybe for a higher end QB, i.e McNabb, Ryan or even Brees.

Is it worth the risk to attempt this or should I just bite the bullet and draft a decent QB in the 1st? I should be able to draft a Cutler (even though we are penalized for INT's) or Eli or Ryan. All other QB's such as Rodgers, Brees, Farve (he won't do all that well anyhow) and Rivers (wouldn't draft him even if he was available...I'd rather have Cutler).

I think I know which way I'm going here, but wanted to get your input to codify my answer!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by BearBroncos

Never liked the idea of drafting depth/backups before starters. Nothing wrong with getting top wr but te's are fairly deep this yr. Will someone really trade Brees or other top qb for your backup rb's? Why keep Wells over a starting qb? Why keep someone who sits on your bench over someone who would start for you?

I play in a 2qb league and qb's are as coveted or even more so than rb's.

BTW, here are the remaining QB's left for the draft.

NAME NFL CURRENT FFL

11  Manning, Eli NYG .FREE AGENT.

12  Orton, Kyle DEN .FREE AGENT.

13  Cutler, Jay CHI .FREE AGENT.

14  Warner, Kurt ARI .FREE AGENT.

15  Campbell, Jason WAS .FREE AGENT.

16  Garrard, David JAC .FREE AGENT.

20  Cassel, Matt KAN .FREE AGENT.

21  Hasselbeck, Matt SEA .FREE AGENT.

22  Smith, Alex SFO .FREE AGENT.

24  Young, Vince TEN .FREE AGENT.

25  Stafford, Matthew DET .FREE AGENT.

27  Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF .FREE AGENT.

28  Freeman, Josh TAM .FREE AGENT.

29  Quinn, Brady CLE .FREE AGENT.

30  Delhomme, Jake CAR .FREE AGENT.

31  Moore, Matt CAR .FREE AGENT.

32  Edwards, Trent BUF .FREE AGENT.

33  Gradkowski, Bruce OAK .FREE AGENT.

34  Collins, Kerry TEN .FREE AGENT.

35  Bulger, Marc STL .FREE AGENT.

36  Hill, Shaun SFO .FREE AGENT.

37  Kolb, Kevin PHI .FREE AGENT.

38  Redman, Chris ATL .FREE AGENT.

39  Culpepper, Daunte DET .FREE AGENT.

40  Wallace, Seneca SEA .FREE AGENT.

41  Johnson, Josh TAM .FREE AGENT.

42  Boller, Kyle STL .FREE AGENT.

43  Russell, JaMarcus OAK .FREE AGENT.

44  Leftwich, Byron TAM .FREE AGENT.

45  Anderson, Derek CLE .FREE AGENT.

46  Vick, Michael PHI .FREE AGENT.

Never liked the idea of drafting depth/backups before starters. Nothing wrong with getting top wr but te's are fairly deep this yr. Will someone really trade Brees or other top qb for your backup rb's? Why keep Wells over a starting qb? Why keep someone who sits on your bench over someone who would start for you?

I play in a 2qb league and qb's are as coveted or even more so than rb's.

I'm keeping Wells because I put a 3 year contract on him. Wells stiff arm will be a beast this or next year and my guess a top 5 RB in the next 3 years. I'm a Wells whore needless to say.

Regarding Brees, some of these teams will be in horrid shape with their top rated RB contract up and that player returning to the draft. There are some who's keepers are Brees, McFadden, Bowe, Brown and Rivers will be desperate for more depth which they won't get from the draft.

When I say high end TE, I'm talking Clark, Witten or even a Finnelly. TE's that can produce WR scoring like Davis did last year. TE's are deep, yes, but only a very few get WR type numbers. I'm also not nessarily saying I'd take a TE in the third. I might take another higher end WR or if there is another RB on the table, nab him up as well.

Basically just saying increasing my depth even further with as high of RB's as I can get. Someone that has McFadden, Brown as their 1 and 2 RB's but 2 higher end QB's will be more willing to trade for some additional depth.