[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.Rice or V.Jackson?

12D3

I'm finding that in the late rounds, after filling most of my bench, I have a chance to pick either Sidney Rice or Vincent Jackson.

Currently, I'm trying to decide who would be the better pick up.

Jackson only has a 3 (4?) game suspension, but is having contract issues and could sit longer.

Rice is going to be out probably half of the season, but should be able to jump right in without any question once hes healthy.

Who would you take a chance on with a late round pick?

I would take Jackson. He can get back in quicker than Rice as his is a non-injury reason to be out. He can holdout all he wants since he can't play the first few games even if he did sign. I bet somehow, Chargers or not, he gets back on the field soon after his suspension is up. Rice may not actually be full speed again til next year. Hip surgery for a WR in August that is a half season recovery just doesn't seem like something they "jump right" back from as you say.

I would take Jackson. He can get back in quicker than Rice as his is a non-injury reason to be out. He can holdout all he wants since he can't play the first few games even if he did sign. I bet somehow, Chargers or not, he gets back on the field soon after his suspension is up. Rice may not actually be full speed again til next year. Hip surgery for a WR in August that is a half season recovery just doesn't seem like something they "jump right" back from as you say.

100% what I was going to say. I have a feeling Rice will be a non-factor if he even returns this year FF wise. VJax may not be as well but I'd rather take my chances with him getting picked up by another team.

I would probably go with VJax, but the latest reports indicate that he said he will sit out the entire season if necessary. I really wouldn't be surprised if he did because he really is full of himself. Discussions with the Seahawks and Vikings lasted only a few days before he was rejected due to his outrageous demands. If Rice does comeback with full strength in the late season then he may be the better pick since he is a favorite of Favre, and we have no clue what QB is going to passing to VJax.