[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Pick 4: MJD or Andre Johnson?

pancanbra

I'm desperate for some advice. I've been mulling over this decision for a while now, and I have no clue whom I should pick. I'm in a 10 team PPR league that uses 3 WR's instead of the flex. I have the 4th pick and I know, almost for a fact, that the top 3 taken will be CJ, AP, and Ray Rice. MJD seems like the logical pick at number 4, but his knee issues are really worrying me. It looks as if he's going to be held out of any remaining preseason playing time and I'm worried that his knee issue could be a lingering problem, which, for a running back, is not good. Everybody says take MJD, but taking an injury bust in the first round can kill your season. Andre is about as sure a thing as there is for the WR position, and in a PPR league with 3 WRs, I'm thinking Andre Johnson may not be that much of a reach at #4. Am I crazy? Who should I grab?

Yeah in a ppr you can go with your gut there on AJ. (personally I go with Ray Rice.)

If you really want AJ on your team that's what you have to do. In a 10 teamer you should be able to get away with this strategy. In round 2 you should still have some solid rbs to choose from. Then go Wr or QB depending on who might have fallen through the cracks based on your favorite cheat sheets.

Yeah in a ppr you can go with your gut there on AJ. (personally I go with Ray Rice.)

If you really want AJ on your team that's what you have to do. In a 10 teamer you should be able to get away with this strategy. In round 2 you should still have some solid rbs to choose from. Then go Wr or QB depending on who might have fallen through the cracks based on your favorite cheat sheets.

Oh believe me, if Ray Rice is there at 4, I'm going with him over AJ, but he won't be, unfortunately. I had considered Frank Gore ahead of MJD and AJ, but...eh...