[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please critique my draft!

Beyaco

I am in a 10 team league with 4 keepers. I need some advice on how my team looks for my size league.

My 4 keepers:

Brees

DeAngelo

Moreno

Fitz

I had to choose between keeping Moreno and Charles. I like Charles in video game sense, but as far as KC scoring and Thomas Jones stealing carries, I decided to go with a banged up Moreno because he is the clear #1 in Denver. Was that a bad decision?

I had the 8th pick in all rounds but I made trades the year before and ended up with multiple picks in a few early rounds. This is how I drafted. Considering it is a 4 keeper league, this would be equivalent to the beginning of the 5th round.

R1 LeSean McCoy

R1 Pierre Thomas

R2 Wes Welker

R2 Arian Foster

R3 Mike Sims-Walker

R4 Steve Smith (CAR)

R5 Clinton Portis

R6 Shiancoe

R7 Berrian

R7 Jets D

R10 McNabb

R11 Akers

R12 Carlson

For me, I think I reached on Welker but there was nobody out there, the next best WR according to the current ADP on fleaflicker was Sims-Walker, and I ended up getting him anyways. I think Steve Smith and Clinton Portis fell in my lap. These are 2 vets that are clearly the first option at their postion for their team. With Rice out, I was shocked to see Berrian slide to the 7th round. Guys like Eddie Royal, Santonio Holmes and Lee Evens where off the board before him...Am I missing something? I understand Percy Harvin is a stud, but Brett Favre has 3000 to 4000 yards to spread around. Am I being optimistic to think Berrian could end up with 500 yards and a few TD's by week 8?

I usually don't do 'rate my team' threads, but yours interested me. You have a pretty reasonable core group in Brees, DWill & Fitz ... however, I personally think you made a tremendous gaffe in retaining Moreno over Charles (especially if PPR, which is not defined) ... time will tell I guess if you made the right move or not.

As far as the draft itself goes, I like the S. Smith pick, and McCoy/Pierre should provide reasonable value (if not spectacular or consistent production) based on what I presume were the available players on the board at the time you selected them. Berrian will likely be hit or miss, hopefully you'll manage to start him on the weeks he shows up. The jury is still a long ways out on Foster, but you may have a minor gem with him, although I expect he will be another player that will shine some weeks & others not so much.

You don't list the starting lineup requirements (and as noted above if PPR scoring or not), but even though you don't have an allstar group for a 10-team league, you can compete if you play the right matchups at RB2/flex (assuming you have a flex) & WR2 (WR3?) and if Fitz does not totally tank in the Leinart era.

I usually don't do 'rate my team' threads, but yours interested me. You have a pretty reasonable core group in Brees, DWill & Fitz ... however, I personally think you made a tremendous gaffe in retaining Moreno over Charles (especially if PPR, which is not defined) ... time will tell I guess if you made the right move or not.

As far as the draft itself goes, I like the S. Smith pick, and McCoy/Pierre should provide reasonable value (if not spectacular or consistent production) based on what I presume were the available players on the board at the time you selected them. Berrian will likely be hit or miss, hopefully you'll manage to start him on the weeks he shows up. The jury is still a long ways out on Foster, but you may have a minor gem with him, although I expect he will be another player that will shine some weeks & others not so much.

You don't list the starting lineup requirements (and as noted above if PPR scoring or not), but even though you don't have an allstar group for a 10-team league, you can compete if you play the right matchups at RB2/flex (assuming you have a flex) & WR2 (WR3?) and if Fitz does not totally tank in the Leinart era.

There are no PPR in my league. This may be long winded but I will just list our scoring rules. I think one of the rules that people aren't used to, is 6 points for passing TD's. We Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Defense and 1 Kicker

Passing

3 points for every 50 Passing Yards (0.06 per) QB, RB, WR, TE, K

2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Passing QB, RB, WR, TE, K

6 points for every Passing TD QB, RB, WR, TE, K

-2 points for every Interception QB, RB, WR, TE, K

Rushing

1 point for every 10 Rushing Yards (0.1 per) QB, RB, WR, TE, K

2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Rushing QB, RB, WR, TE, K

6 points for every Rushing TD QB, RB, WR, TE, K

Receiving

1 point for every 10 Receiving Yards (0.1 per) QB, RB, WR, TE, K

2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Receiving QB, RB, WR, TE, K

6 points for every Receiving TD QB, RB, WR, TE, K

Kicking

3 extra points for every FG between 0 and 49 yards (inclusive) QB, K

3 extra points for every FG between 0 and 59 yards (inclusive) RB, WR, TE

5 extra points for every FG between 50 and 59 yards (inclusive) QB, K

10 extra points for every FG between 60 and 100 yards (inclusive) QB, RB, WR, TE, K

1 point for every XP QB, RB, WR, TE, K

Returning

6 points for every Kick Return TD QB, RB, WR, K, TM

6 points for every Punt Return TD ALL

Other

-2 points for every Fumble Lost QB, RB, WR, TE, K

Defense

2 points for every Interception TM

1 point for every Sack TM

2 points for every Fumble Recovered TM

2 points for every Safety TM

6 points for every Defensive TD TM

6 extra points when total Points Allowed is exactly 0 TM

I appreciate your response. I was really high on Charles considering I traded my whole team away for this years picks and still wound up in the playoffs thanks to him! I don't think Denver is any better offensively, but I feel KC is a RBBC situation and Denver is not. I could be wrong on that one, but I don't see anybody stealing carries if Moreno returns to full health. I plan on posting a few other teams as examples to compare mine to. The other 3 playoff teams have great keepers but didn't draft in the first 5 rounds in 1 case.