[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Rate My Team

packemup87

I was drafting 11th in a 12 team Non-PPR league tonight. I'm really happy w/ the results, but thought I would solicit feedback. It was an interesting draft because 7 QBs went in the 1st round. Since I wasn't getting a top 3 QB, I opted for a QB by committee plan that will hopefully work with match-ups once Big Ben is back from suspension. I was pleasantly suprised when AJ dropped to 1.11, but I was stunned when Megatron fell into my lap at pick 3.11. I was also happy to snag Jamaal Charles. 2 Rookie RB's is a little concerning, but both appear to be RB1 on their teams depth chart, so there should be adequate production.

Scoring:

Standard Scoring w/ 6 points for all TDs (including QBs)

Starters:

1 QB / 2 RBs / 3 WRs / 1 TE / 1 DEF / 1 K

Roster Requirements (16 total players):

2 QBs / 3 or 4 RBs / 4 or 5 WRs / 2 TEs / 2 DEF / 2 K

Roster:

1.11 Andre Johnson WR

2.02 Ryan Mathews RB

3.11 Calvin Johnson WR

4.02 Jamaal Charles RB

5.11 Mike Sims-Walker WR

6.02 Brent Celek TE

7.11 CJ Spiller RB

8.02 Joe Flacco QB

9.11 SF 49ers DEF

10.02 Ben Rothlisberger QB

11.11 Mike Williams - Tampa WR

12.02 Owen Daniels TE

13.11 Montario Hardesty RB

14.02 Neil Rackers K

15.11 Atlanta Falcons DEF

16.02 Matt Bryant K

I was drafting 11th in a 12 team Non-PPR league tonight. I'm really happy w/ the results, but thought I would solicit feedback. It was an interesting draft because 7 QBs went in the 1st round. Since I wasn't getting a top 3 QB, I opted for a QB by committee plan that will hopefully work with match-ups once Big Ben is back from suspension. I was pleasantly suprised when AJ dropped to 1.11, but I was stunned when Megatron fell into my lap at pick 3.11. I was also happy to snag Jamaal Charles. 2 Rookie RB's is a little concerning, but both appear to be RB1 on their teams depth chart, so there should be adequate production.

Scoring:

Standard Scoring w/ 6 points for all TDs (including QBs)

Starters:

1 QB / 2 RBs / 3 WRs / 1 TE / 1 DEF / 1 K

Roster Requirements (16 total players):

2 QBs / 3 or 4 RBs / 4 or 5 WRs / 2 TEs / 2 DEF / 2 K

Roster:

1.11 Andre Johnson WR

2.02 Ryan Mathews RB

3.11 Calvin Johnson WR

4.02 Jamaal Charles RB

5.11 Mike Sims-Walker WR

6.02 Brent Celek TE

7.11 CJ Spiller RB

8.02 Joe Flacco QB

9.11 SF 49ers DEF

10.02 Ben Rothlisberger QB

11.11 Mike Williams - Tampa WR

12.02 Owen Daniels TE

13.11 Montario Hardesty RB

14.02 Neil Rackers K

15.11 Atlanta Falcons DEF

16.02 Matt Bryant K

You either drafted with idiots or are in a scoring system so heavily biased QB’s get 10 points per TD. Either way… I don’t care. Your team is the best team ever drafted… isn’t that what you wanted for advice?

You either drafted with idiots or are in a scoring system so heavily biased QB’s get 10 points per TD. Either way… I don’t care. Your team is the best team ever drafted… isn’t that what you wanted for advice?

There are some "distance bonuses" for long TD's. 0-25 yard TD's are worth 6 pts. 26-50 yard TD's are worth 8 pts. 51+ yard TD's are worth 10 pts. But I'm leaning more towards the "idiots" option over the heavy QB bias. Also, I think Flacco as my QB1 could have a very productive year with Ray Rice keeping the defense honest and having Anquan Boldin as a new weapon in his arsenal along side Derrick Mason.

You are dumb for joining a league with idiots who draft 7 QB's in the first round, and you are even dumber for not having been able to come out with an even better roster as a result. With 7 QB's gone that should have left you with a top RB like Gore or Turner and with the 11th pick you could have double up on all star RB's or have picked AJ alongside one of them. It's standard scoring why the hell did 7 QB's go in the first round?!?! What the heck kind of league requires 2 DST's and 2 Kickers?

You are dumb for joining a league with idiots who draft 7 QB's in the first round, and you are even dumber for not having been able to come out with an even better roster as a result. With 7 QB's gone that should have left you with a top RB like Gore or Turner and with the 11th pick you could have double up on all star RB's or have picked AJ alongside one of them. It's standard scoring why the hell did 7 QB's go in the first round?!?! What the heck kind of league requires 2 DST's and 2 Kickers?

I don't think I'm dumb for being in this league...I will gladly take their money at the end of the year. The 2 DEF / 2 K I believe is to cover the bye weeks. Theoretically you could draft and not make any transactions thru the entire season and be able to play thru all of the bye weeks with a full roster. FYI...the entire first round is listed below. Gore was available at 1.11, but I thought AJ was a better value.

1.01 Chris Johnson RB

1.02 Adrian Peterson RB

1.03 Maurice Jones-Drew RB

1.04 Drew Brees QB

1.05 Peyton Manning QB

1.06 Aaron Rodgers QB

1.07 Tom Brady QB

1.08 Ray Rice RB

1.09 Michael Turner

1.10 Matt Schaub

1.11 Andre Johnson

1.12 Frank Gore

2.01 Tony Romo

2.02 Ryan Mathews

So as you can see, I ended up with AJ and Mathews. Turner was gone before my pick and Gore was gone coming back around. I probably could have gone WR/WR, selecting Moss, but it worked out pretty good since I ended up with Megatron in the third round. Like I said, I have no explanation for 7 QBs in R1, but you won't hear me whining about it.

Apparently I need to use my fingers the next time I count...there were only 5 QBs taken in the first round, not 7. There were 7 taken by then end of the 2nd round. Either way, I'm pretty happy with my roster.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.... If it's taking money from your 12 year old brother and his buddies on draft night more power to ya! I personally like more of a challenge than a league full of 5th graders! :wacko:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.... If it's taking money from your 12 year old brother and his buddies on draft night more power to ya! I personally like more of a challenge than a league full of 5th graders! :wacko:

That's the thing...it's a bunch of highly educated 30-45 yr old guys that have ample resources for research. It's strange to see some of their draft "strategies" unfold during the draft.