[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Major auction draft mistake

HoustonBuckeye

I have a question at the end of this story. If you're not laughing too hard at me perhaps you can help me with it?

Participated in my first auction draft ($200 cap) the other night with a bunch of people who also were doing one for the first time...or so I thought.

Fifth guy up nominates Adrian Peterson. It gets bid up to 10, then to 25. I was willing to bid up to 50 on him so I make it 43. Then (crickets). The countdown gets smaller and nobody is jumping in. I end up with him for that much and I type "STEAL!" in the chat box.

Everybody starts laughing. I scramble to ESPN.com. Is he hurt? No, nothing about AD being injured.

They laugh for a few more minutes and I finally figure out why. The guy had nominated THE OTHER Adrian Peterson - the one with a red "NA" next to his name and who plays for the Seahawks. Ouch!

So I put together an OK team for a 10-team league but I have zero depth as a result of my gaffe. Obviously I dropped the $43 Adrian Peterson. I'd like to pick up a WR in his spot and I see a few guys who tickle my fancy. Of these guys, who would you pick up?

Jerricho Cotchery, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett, Kenny Britt?

Thanks in advance.

I have a question at the end of this story. If you're not laughing too hard at me perhaps you can help me with it?

Participated in my first auction draft ($200 cap) the other night with a bunch of people who also were doing one for the first time...or so I thought.

Fifth guy up nominates Adrian Peterson. It gets bid up to 10, then to 25. I was willing to bid up to 50 on him so I make it 43. Then (crickets). The countdown gets smaller and nobody is jumping in. I end up with him for that much and I type "STEAL!" in the chat box.

Everybody starts laughing. I scramble to ESPN.com. Is he hurt? No, nothing about AD being injured.

They laugh for a few more minutes and I finally figure out why. The guy had nominated THE OTHER Adrian Peterson - the one with a red "NA" next to his name and who plays for the Seahawks. Ouch!

So I put together an OK team for a 10-team league but I have zero depth as a result of my gaffe. Obviously I dropped the $43 Adrian Peterson. I'd like to pick up a WR in his spot and I see a few guys who tickle my fancy. Of these guys, who would you pick up?

Jerricho Cotchery, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett, Kenny Britt?

Thanks in advance.

That is so not cool, but sorta funny. Last year I bid $126 on Gates when I tried to enter $26. Once the drafts start on ESPN, you can't undo it (at least not last year). Word for those doing an auction for the first time... don't shoot the entire wad early. To answer the question - Knox.