[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to start as my flex?

Clippins

My league starts 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, and 2 Flexs which can be RB/WR/TE. It's a PPR league. This is what I have

QB: Romo

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Dwayne Bowe

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Deangelo Williams

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex 1: CJ Spiller

Flex 2: Tim Hightower

I want to have Spiller in my Flex 1 spot for week 1 against the Fins. I'm real high on Spiller this year. My 2nd Flex I have a lot of options. I slotted Hightower in there because he's playing the Rams and he's been the better back vs Beanie this pre-season (I live in AZ and keep up with the Cards). However I have these other options:

Jeremy Maclin, Jabar Gaffney, Dez Bryant, or Ladanian Tomlinson...out of all these guys and Hightower, who would you start week 1?

IMHO, I think you need to start L.T. and Maclin. The Jets are going to use LT more in the passing game than ppl think and he will be used at the GL to keep Greene fresh. I see L.T. having a 55-60 reception season. Maclin is going to have a better PPR season than DJax will so I'm confident in starting him

Wait till after the 1st game to see how BUF is going to use Spiller and Jackson in the backfield. It's still not known what is going to happen here.

Maclin likely has the highest upside potential/risk ... LT is maybe the "safe" pick for some ok numbers ... I see Hightower as the wild card player here ... Wells may/may not be dinged already (depends on what i-net story you believe the most), TH should get some goal line chances vs the Rams ... and in a PPR league with Derek Anderson at QB, will likely get a fair number of short passing targets.

If you think you need to swing for the fences to win your FF game, then Maclin may be the choice ... but I'd be very tempted to try Hightower this week, looking for production that may be equal to/better than Maclin's with perhaps a lower risk factor to consider.

IMHO, I think you need to start L.T. and Maclin. The Jets are going to use LT more in the passing game than ppl think and he will be used at the GL to keep Greene fresh. I see L.T. having a 55-60 reception season. Maclin is going to have a better PPR season than DJax will so I'm confident in starting him

Wait till after the 1st game to see how BUF is going to use Spiller and Jackson in the backfield. It's still not known what is going to happen here.

The reason I'm going Spiller week 1 is because it doesn't looks like Jackson will play this week. If he does, it'll be limited. Buffalo will want to showcase their rookie in front of the home crowd. Beyond week 1 it'll make for tougher decisions in starting him or not as Jackson gets healthy.

Maclin has been the guy I've had occupying that flex spot, but his performance in the game against the chiefs was pretty lackluster as was Kolb's. Plus I have no idea who GB will have Woodson cover between Jackson or Maclin. Whoever he covers will prob have a bad day.

LT is going to have a rookie FB blocking for him against a D that's tough to run against. Granted he'll prob be in there mainly on pass plays so could rack up a fair amount of reception points.

I think this is why I've got Hightower in there. Going up against a much easier defense than LT and he's a PPR machine. Though the risk with him is DA. DA has a hard time throwing the short stuff.