[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can Flacco be the number 1 QB on a fantasy team this year?

ThatDude

I waited really late in the draft to get a QB and now I'm a bit worried about this position along with RB depth. While the other teams were taking the top 7 QB's during the first two rounds I was grabbing players at WR using the theory of taking the best player on the board. This worked well until it came time to draft a QB.

I think Flacco has great upside this year but I'm wondering if he has what it takes to be a FF team's #1 QB. I'm in the process of dropping my current backup QB for Matt Stafford.

A few teams have two #1 caliber QB's and are interested in trading but they want one of my top WR's or Bradshaw and Flacco back in return for someone like a Favre or Rivers.

10 team PPR league, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1Flex, 1Def, 1K

Roster

QB - Flacco, Hass

RB - Rice, Forte, Bradshaw, Ricky Williams, McFadden

WR - Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Donald Driver, TJ Housh

TE - Gates

K - Gostkowski

Def - Vikings

I waited really late in the draft to get a QB and now I'm a bit worried about this position along with RB depth. While the other teams were taking the top 7 QB's during the first two rounds I was grabbing players at WR using the theory of taking the best player on the board. This worked well until it came time to draft a QB.

I think Flacco has great upside this year but I'm wondering if he has what it takes to be a FF team's #1 QB. I'm in the process of dropping my current backup QB for Matt Stafford.

A few teams have two #1 caliber QB's and are interested in trading but they want one of my top WR's or Bradshaw and Flacco back in return for someone like a Favre or Rivers.

10 team PPR league, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1Flex, 1Def, 1K

Roster

QB - Flacco, Hass

RB - Rice, Forte, Bradshaw, Ricky Williams, McFadden

WR - Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Donald Driver, TJ Housh

TE - Gates

K - Gostkowski

Def - Vikings

I think you will be ok at qb. Also Stafford is someone I was targeting this year as a surprise qb - I was very annoyed not to get him. Hasselbeck may turn out to be decent as well, but of the 2, I'd rather have Stafford on my bench to start the season.

Personally I bet there is someone I'd rather have on my roster than TJ - either a wr or rb who has a legit chance to finish the season strong. Chances are TJ will never get off your bench with the 5 wrs/te in front of him. With your depth at wr/te, I'd swing for the fences with that last roster spot.

Haha, I hope so. I had the 11th pick in a 12 team league, so after picking up two RBs in the first two rounds, Flacco was the best QB left in the third (people were taking QBs earlier than normal this year). He's been solid--he was my backup last year and often put up better numbers than my starter (Aaron Rodgers, who was awesome, but got sacked 19,000 times a game). This year he has better receivers and I expect Flacco to have a great year.