[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dexter McCluster

jbran23

What are your expectations for him this year? He has been dropped in one of my leagues and Im wondering if he is worth using my waiver on. He has RB and WR eligibility in my league and I would love to get a little more depth at RB as I am super deep at WR. My drop canidate would probably be Nate Burleson. I also have Mike Williams (TB) and Steve Breaston on my bench. What do you guys think?

It's a little risky, but I might drop Burleson for him. he has the potential to do some good stuff, but he has some copetition in getting on the field at this point. If he can get in and prove dynamic enough...which he very well may, he will surpass the #2 receiver IMO, but thats a lot of ifs...but worth a spot on the bench cus he might.

We all value differently - one of the reasons we play the game. For me, given

1. the uncertainty in Arizona

2. how deep he is on your bench

3. the upside of Dexter

I'd drop Breaston to make the pickup. While Burleson's ceiling might be lower than Breaston's, I think he will be more consistent (ie, reliable) weke to week for those occasions where you may need him.

We all value differently - one of the reasons we play the game. For me, given

1. the uncertainty in Arizona

2. how deep he is on your bench

3. the upside of Dexter

I'd drop Breaston to make the pickup. While Burleson's ceiling might be lower than Breaston's, I think he will be more consistent (ie, reliable) weke to week for those occasions where you may need him.

Hmmm, Interesting logic Phantom. I dont know if I could give up on Breaston before the season starts though. He is a #2 across from Fitz who demands a ton of attention from opposing defenses which is sure to give him plenty of chances. Granted its Derek Anderson throwing them the ball this year and not Kurt Warner but remembering what DA did in Cleveland a few years ago with lesser weapons I would like to at least see the first few games before deciding to drop Breaston. Its possible he could have a big year.

Edited by jbran23

What I love about McCluster is that most sites will list him as a receiver so in a NON-PPR type league were you can have a RB type player in a WR slot, is a golden opportunity IMHO.

McCluster won't be the primary back nor receiver, but will touch the ball about 15 times a game. Either through the air or on the ground, or even special teams. He will be included.

Really scratching my head on this one. Looks like he will be the #3 receiver for what its worth as well as getting some carries at RB here and there. Im not going to use my waiver on him but if he is still a FA when he comes off waivers Im going to have a real decision to make.